Does anyone have a circuit for a simple electric fence indicator?

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by N1AUP, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. KI6DCB

KI6DCB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup. Granddad and Uncle Shorty, although dead for a long time, are still laughing at me. I was about eight years old, and that experience got me interested in high voltage, radio, and so on. I would be interested in finding out where you heard the story, except that I would wager that this scenario was not unique to me and my group.

I was reminded of that day about twenty-five years ago when the general in "War Games" said, "H*ll, I'd p*ss on the spark plug if I thought it would do any good!"

2. KE5PQD

KE5PQD Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought one of those comercial types that hang on the wire thinking that it would flash every time the fence pulsed. It only flashed when the fence stopped. I also have a couple of testers that use a probe to the ground and one on the fence, they are just for quick testing and pretty dim. If I'm reading the thread right most want to connect direct to the "hot" wire, but there has to be a way to couple via inductance, maybe I missed it though.

3. KI4TWB

KI4TWB Ham Member QRZ Page

Funny, I used to do the same thing as a young lad - using my cousin, Jimmy! I've always wondered why he turned out so strange....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.