Does anybody has any real technical experienace in using "9$ C.H.I.P" board ?

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by AA7EJ, Oct 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks as a reasonable alternative to supporting "charitable institution" hawking Raspberry Zero.
    I already spend $15 on their "$5 computer". Something about false advertisement must not be in UK vocabulary.

I have seen u-tube demo, but noted rumors about "manufacturer going bankrupt".

What got my attentions was "64bits OS" and no SD , but u-tube demonstrator spend time struggling with opening anti-static bags. Bummer.

73 Shirley

2. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, the CHIP appears to be defunct. I did play with one, but found it to be less powerful and clunkier to use than the PI. I still have it in a box somewhere.

About the Pi Zero costing $15: you must be shopping at the wrong vendor. Adafruit has Pi Zeros at $5, which is exactly what the Pi Foundation advertises. They also have the Pi Zero W, with wifi built in for $10.... and the Pi Zero W with headers soldered in place for $14. That seems reasonable to me.

3. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Udoo….

Ed

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

There is always a RISC when using a Raspberry.

WN6U likes this.