ad: UR5CDX-1

DOD COMEX 22-2 About to Start

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by KD8TTE, May 3, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD8TTE

KD8TTE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This week, I'm going to be livestreaming a few times to help people to see what's going on in my shack, and how I can participate in the DOD COMEX 22-2. It won't be a passive watch-it-all experience: I'm going to demonstrate and encourage amateur radio operators to join the exercise themselves.

Here we offer a few final thoughts and show what we've done to get ready at Radio KD8TTE.

2. KD8TTE

KD8TTE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yesterday I ran a live stream of the 0200Z (Tuesday evening, U.S. time) net. That was the second of five such nets. We were better able to understand what was taking place, and when the stations interfacing with FEMA Region V (which includes my station operation) started to call for amateur stations in the Columbus and Cincinnati areas, I was able to report in and provide just the information that they were looking for.

As the net progresses, I offer observations and commentary to help viewers understand what was happening, the importance of working in such exercises, and how to use the experience to improve our capabilities. We're about 40% of the way through the exercise, and there's still plenty of time for any U.S. amateur radio station with 60m capability and operating privileges to join.