Do you own a realled Toyota.??

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by AC4BB, Feb 1, 2010.

?

Do you own a recalled Toyota product.?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2010.
  1. Yes I own a recalled Model

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. No, I do not own arecalled model

18 vote(s)
    78.3%
  3. I would never buy another Toyota

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Yes, I would buy another Toyota

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are going to copy somebody elses work, give them credit for it. That is the law.

Here is the link you stole your info from:

http://www.mylemon.com/blog/2008/10/10-largest-automotive-recalls-of-all.html

You'll see it covers all of the other automakers as well.

So far 8.1 million Toyotas recalled. And still Toyota claims there is no computer glitch and is modifying the gas pedal.

Fords cruise control recall was a joke. I think 18 or 19 fires in 13,000,000 vehicles. The cruise control in that pretty red truck is one that is recalled. I continue to use it and have not taken it in because Fords fix is to unplug it.
    If it hasn't caught fire in 15 years, it's not likely to now.

2. K5HDE

K5HDE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've got a 2010 Toyota Tundra and yeah it has recalls. All of them are related to the same throttle 'problem'.

What happened was an aftermarket floor mat got jammed in the accelerator in the full throttle position. Driver freaked and did nothing to get themselves out the jam. Turn the ignition to OFF (not lock) or put the transmission in neutral would have solved the problem. How do I know? Same thing happened to me years ago in another make and model vehicle. Also had the throttle stuck open in an AMC when the throttle cable frayed and stuck itself in the open position.

Whether or not I get the 'fix' done depends on just what modification they do. Worried about the safety of the Tundra? Not in the least.

3. KB3SYZ

KB3SYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree that is the solution. However many of the individuals with this current problem are reporting that turning the ignition to the off position is ineffective. It does not kill the engine. Also being reported is that moving the transmission selector is also ineffective. The vehicle stays in drive no matter what position the selector is in. So some of those that have encountered this fault have 3 options available to them,

1. Ride it out

2. Bail out of the vehicle

3. Stand on the brake pedal although that has also been proven ineffective.

A friend of mine, his wife owns one of the vehicles recalled. They also encountered the runaway senario. After the vehicle finally came to a stop the transmission was locked in drive and the ignition would not turn the vehicle off. The only thing that stopped the vehicle was that it ran out of gas. We disconnected the battery to shut the vehicle off and had it loaded on a roll back and brought to his house. Once we got it home we again attempted to reconnect the battery. As soon as the battery was connected the vehicle attempted to start with no input from either of us. We were nowhere near the ignition switch. Also as the vehicle was locked in gear the vehicle moved as soon as the starter engaged. The local Toyota dealer now has the vehicle for repair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.