Do you own a realled Toyota.??

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by AC4BB, Feb 1, 2010.

?

Do you own a recalled Toyota product.?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2010.
  1. Yes I own a recalled Model

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. No, I do not own arecalled model

18 vote(s)
    78.3%
  3. I would never buy another Toyota

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Yes, I would buy another Toyota

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
  1. W7KKK

W7KKK Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, Ford has a truck plant or two in Mexico. And I don't want to hear that they are not brought into this country, I know better.
    When I bought a Ford I rather liked those that were assembled by the union folks at the Kansas City Plant as I remember. But my last one was an F-350 Dually Diesel for towing our heavy 5th wheel.
    And I can remember 4 recalls while I had it, all very minor.

2. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

OH yeah, I just remembered another true story.

My buddy and Elmer Harold KA9NRT owned a 1999 Isuzu Pick-up truck. That truck was babied and only had 32,000 miles on it. It sat in his driveway and was never driven in the winter. The body slowly rusted away but not to badly.

One morning Harold woke up bright and early, went out to his truck and headed for his doctors office. On the way Harold being Harold drifted away into a day dream about his old railroad days, and rear ended a car that was waiting to turn left.

The damage to both vehicles was pretty light, they did the cop/insurance thing and proceeded on his way. Harold noticed that old truck was driving kind of weird and when he got to the doctors office he discovered the bed was pressed up against the cab. He called the towing company out and as they were winching he truck up on the rollback the truck separated into 2 pieces.

The frame had rusted through and the accident was the straw that broke the Isuzu's back. Harold sold it to the junkman for $35. The junkman sold the engine for $600.

3. KA9MOT

The last three Ford trucks I purchased (2 f-250 4X4 and the F-150 I am driving now) all had stickers that said Proudly made in Kentucky USA.

I don't know what they do with the trucks made in Mexico. As far as I am concerned they could assemble a Ford Truck n Moscow and it would still be American Made, although I would gripe about it's assembly point. Ford is after all, and American company, and a company that built the backbone of this country.

Opinionated aint I?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  4. N4WSH

N4WSH Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a big VW fan, so I have a restored 1966 Beetle and a Limited Production 2003 New Beetle Turbo S. My wife drives a 2008 Scion xB which is built by Toyota. What is interesting to me is the accelerator pedal in the Scion looks exactly like those in the recalled vehicles, Hmmmmm?

If I was to buy any American made vehicle it would be a Ford simply because they didn't take any bailout money.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  5. KA9MOT

Look, There is nothing cooler then an old bug..............I like the old VW vans as well.

I don't think anybody would mistake one for dependable, but man, what fun!

There is that!

6. N4WSH

Plus I LOVE the new Ford Flex, except for the $34,000.00 price tag I'd have one in a heartbeat.

7. KA9MOT

Oh Yeah! The Flex is cool.
    I wasn't aware that it cost that much.......5 or 6 years from now, it will be affordable for most of us....15 years from now, I'll be able to afford one. :D

8. AB1GA

AB1GA Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't recall. :confused:

9. N4WSH

My wife has always been into boxy looking vehicles and that is why she wanted the Scion xB. The Ford Flex is like a bigger version of her xB. She loves the car, but not the price. Our fully loaded xB, which has the 4 cyl Camry engine was just a bit over $18,000.00 and that included a 7 year 75,000 warranty with free oil changes every three months for 5 years. It was a deal we couldn't pass up. It has never been in the shop of anything, yet ;) and we are very happy with it, but a bigger boxy vehicle like the Flex would be sweet.

10. KC2USH

KC2USH Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW! ive always loved fords never owned one (im 15 years old) my dad has had them as long as i can remeber but thats one nice looking ford!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.