ad: w5yi

Do you own a realled Toyota.??

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by AC4BB, Feb 1, 2010.

?

Do you own a recalled Toyota product.?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2010.
  1. Yes I own a recalled Model

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. No, I do not own arecalled model

18 vote(s)
    78.3%
  3. I would never buy another Toyota

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Yes, I would buy another Toyota

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
  1. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you own or have you owned a Toyota that has been recalled for accelerator pedal problems.?

No,I've never owned a Toyota.
    Yes I own a recalled Toyota model.

2. KB3SYZ

KB3SYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Everyone that owns a Lexus needs to pop the hood and look at the sticker. It's a Toyota.

3. W7KKK

W7KKK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a Sienna Van which apparently one of the few models that did not get recalled.
    I have owned at one time nearly all makes and many models of cars.
    They all get recalls at one time or another.
    I worry more about having to do other than normal maintenance on cars on a regular basis.
    If I find myself with one of those it's history.

4. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

You missed: I wouldn't own Toyota. That is the one I would have checked!

1995 Ford F-150! 15 years old, 300,000 miles, still pretty and it LIVES in the RUST BOWL!

ToyTOTA can't touch that. I think this recall stuff would be hilarious if so many had not died.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  5. W7KKK

I didn't miss a thing.
    As stated, I have owned them all.
    This is my 3rd Toyota in my life.
    I had lots of Ford Pickups(F150, F250 and F350 thank you) over the years with lots of recalls.
    So what, most of the work is minor in nature with all of them.

6. KA9MOT

You sure took that personally......

I didn't say you missed anything. I said the OP missed "I wouldn't own a Toyota" in his list of choices.....That really makes it a busted poll......

I've owned lots of vehicles including one Toyota. My experience with it was it ran very well for a very long time while the body rapidly rusted away and it had a cheap interior which is where you spend most of your time........that and the cost of replacement parts was high.

I showed a picture of my truck as an example of how it should be done.

Yes, most recalls are minor....very few cover a whole manufacturer's line-up and involve peoples dieing.

It's Ford, Chevy and Dodge for me.......Did I mention I have owned a few Hondas? Little crap boxes would run/rust forever, but that was like being married to an ugly woman. It was OK as long as your friends didn't see you. :) :D

7. W7KKK

Just stating facts.
    I grew up with my father as a car dealer. He was a partner in a large dealership in CA who had Fiat, Studebaker and Toyota (one of the first in the US).
    I have probably owned more cars that many of you will ever own in a lifetime and I had been around the business via my father for years until his death.
    Recalls mean very little other than a little inconvenience to most.
    Reliability is more key to most of us when in comes to cars in our daily live.

8. W7KKK

Just stating facts.
    I grew up with my father as a car dealer. He was a partner in a large dealership in CA who had Fiat, Studebaker ( loved the Avanti!) and Toyota (one of the first in the US). The main reason my father and his partner took the dealership on was to get the Land Cruiser which appeared tougher than the Jeep of the day. Nobody dreamed the little Corona would be a hit.
    I have probably owned more cars that many of you will ever own in a lifetime and I had been around the business via my father for years until his death.
    Recalls mean very little other than a little inconvenience to most.
    Reliability is more key to most of us when in comes to cars in our daily live.
    Toyotas, like any other brand have had their problems over the years too and I cannot name one brand that has not.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  9. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dude that is one fine looking 15 year old F-150 :) Built Ford Tough.

Funny how for many years people thought Toyota was "The Car Manufacturer"

Now they run into this mess and trust me this is a mess they are in. Recalls of this size are not an easy thing to hide and get past.

I know all about recalls as I worked in the auto industry for 28 years and my company was involved in recalls.

Publicity like this hurts sales for some time after the problem is solved.

Never owned a Toyota, never will. I have driven Ford's since 1980 and have owned numerous Ford products. No problems with any of them. They paid my wages for 28 years and continue to pay my pension. So I support my company.

10. KA9MOT

I've been a Ford guy all my life as well. I have owned other brands because basically I could afford them and chose not to walk.

I like Ford and Ford has treated me the best. The Ford vs. Chevy battle is one I fought for years.

Recently, I find myself supporting the Big 3. The Import car companies have put a serious hurt on our auto industry (regardless of where it is built, Toyota is a import car company). Somehow, they have fooled the American Public into believing they build a better product and that product is American Made. They are assembled in America, with foreign materials and all profits go overseas. Crap is Crap regardless of what that add on TV tells you.

I also blame the Unions.

There are Ford models I avoid like the plaque though. The Windstar and Exploder being two.

There are those who claim that many American cars are made in Canada and Mexico. America is a Continent and Canada is part of that continent and I believe Mexico as well. No matter there, in 10 years we'll all be sneaking into Mexico looking for a good job.

Finally, I wish I could take credit for my old trucks condition......I recently swapped a $400 Dodge minivan for it. The previous owner had 2 kids and hooked up with a woman who had 4....They needed more seats. :D :D :D

Oh yeah! That Dodge van had 280K on the clock and only a little rust. It is a 1999 model.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.