ad: elecraft

Do You Operate 30 Meters? What Is 10Mhz All About?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Aug 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have worked plenty of dx there over the years. now digital psk,olivia,jt65,9, and good ole cw!!! LOOK FOR ME KA1BSZ/MOBILE,VERMONT'S only digital mobile ( I think ) . worked mostly all states on this band. It's sorta like a 40 and 20 meter band without the contests!!! wished we had a phone segment on 30 meters!

2. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

some people are just jerks! I was asked to stay off a repeater up this way years ago and did I stay off?? NO!!!! I USED THEIR REPEATER EVEN MORE! THEN......Someone went shut off the repeater for everyone! no more repeater,no more jammers, no nothing! I kinda " used " the repeater little more than anyone else especially when they tried to drive me off when their little weather nets came on. I'd say " when we are done using YOUR FREQ, WE WILL TURN IT OVER TO YOU SO YOU CAN USE YOUR FREQ! oh by the way..how much did you pay the FCC for this freq?? I'd like to know because I want one for my radio station....thank you. " LMAO!!!!!

3. KG7VTO

KG7VTO Ham Member QRZ Page

Two questions.
    #1 Why would you do that?
    #2 What does this have to do with working 30 meters?

4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

30M is my favorite band for QRP CW and I mostly do it with a 1934 National FB-XA receiver and a 1939 Meissner VFO from a US Army Signal Corps 150B transmitter. Antenna is a parallel 160/80 inverted V with a common feed.

I also have 9BDXCC on CW, 160-10M with 5W or less often using various very vintage "hollow state" gear.

Carl

5. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked HI3T last night around 2300hrs est. First dx for me in a very long time on 30.

6. KI4ODO

KI4ODO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

30m is awesome. I enjoy it and do quite well on that band without even having a resonant antenna. I use a multi band windom and have hit the tuner on 30. I don't let that stop me, it works. Not as well as a 30m antenna mind you, but it works well enough to enjoy that band.

7. WO2E

WO2E Ham Member QRZ Page

work a bunch of countries since march 2017 with less than 20w on ft8, jt9, jt65 is awesome, with a G5RV Jr, up 15 ft. in my back yard.

WJ4U likes this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you tell anybody ?

Or were you 5 9 ?

9. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I know this is an old thread. I also know I'm an OF and not always up-to-date on things.

I never paid much attention to the WARC bands because I've never had any transmitters that operated on the WARC bands. We've only had the WARC bands for less than half the time I've been licensed.o_O

About nine months ago we moved from our farm to a house 15 miles away, which is considered to be in a city.

I finally got a reasonable all-band, base-tuned inverted-L wire up about a week ago. I tested it on all the ham bands between 1.8-29.6 MHz.

Using DSP receivers and PSK Reporter, I have been monitoring FT8 activity on all of the HF bands.

I was really surprised to see what 30 meters offers.

Now I just need to get a rig built that will put out a few watts on 30 meters.

Always late,
    Ken
    W4KJG

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Another zombie resurrection!

30 Meters has been AMAZING lately! If you're not trying it, you're missing out. Of course, there's no SSB and it has a power limit of 200 watts for US amateurs ...

Give it a try if you're able - LOTS of CW and FT8 action just about any day and evening - it's always open to "somewhere" :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KR3DX likes this.