DO YOU KNOW WHAT 'MESSED UP' IS?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KA0USE, Jun 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

messed up is when you get allllll worked up for field day, get your gear all fixed up,
    the antenna tuned, and then find out

IT WAS THIS PAST WEEKEND!

i understood it to be the last FULL weekend in june.

well, i'm stocked up on soda waters and snickers bars and my gear is good,
    so it's not a total loss......

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Ouch.... why didn't you just take a quick sec and do a Google?

Oh well - now you're ready for next year :)

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2019-6-24_10-11-35.png

N2EY likes this.
  3. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Year old Snickers bars??!!
    Thats one way to get dis-invited for the following year...
    Ymmv

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Just toss it in the pool.

KK7WB, K6EIR and N0TZU like this.
  5. AG6QR

AG6QR Subscriber QRZ Page

Bummer! But you could still do some outdoor operating any weekend. Of course it's not the same. The bands won't be as crowded, and you won't get points in the non-contest, but you might make some pleasant contacts. And some of them might be willing to hold a conversation for a while.

Enjoy the hobby the best way you can.

6. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

geez, now you tell me....

7. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Messed up? Yeah - I had teens living at home for a few years. Their rooms were....well, you know.

8. W4ZNG

W4ZNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey man, I hear you. I got talked into a mountain bike race in Mobile last weekend. Pre-ride and camp out Saturday, race Sunday, and sweat the entire time. (You know how hot south AL gets two days after the summer solstice? 96F, 120-ish heat index, yeeesh.) Brought along the 817 go-box, just in case I got the opportunity, but supper at a BBQ joint and early to bed got in the way of that. There may have been beer involved. So, like you, zero, I mean ZERO contacts.

I'll bring gear along over the 4th of July, maybe get some operating in then. Trust me, you weren't messed up half as bad as I was after that race. Make up something – "yeah, well, we're still on the Julian calendar 'round here" – and go have fun making contacts.

W5BIB likes this.
  9. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

That was a Baby Ruth..
    Not Bad, but I've always been partial to Mallow Cups.

10. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

When my Mom passed away in 2002, I was supposed to call the graveside officiant - but quoted the WRONG DATE for the funeral :eek:

At the appointed day and time, we had 40 people at graveside all filling in with "good words of praise and support" with no "man of the cloth" present....

I felt HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

There are far worse things than missing the date of Field Day :)

Dave
    W7UUU

[We redid the event a week later, officiant present, and all was well ... whew!]

KA0USE and N2EY like this.