ad: MyersEng-1

Do you have a plan to become Silent Key?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KH6OWL, Oct 30, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Unless the op passes while sending, it's "Straight Key Night". ;)

W5BIB likes this.
  2. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Already in my Living Will.Ham friends will help her sell it all & funds from the gear will go to the Children's programs at our church.I don't care who buys it or what they do with it & nothing belongs to us in reality because we can't take it with us & someone else will end up with it.Putting something in the box with you will not get it to where you will end up just the shell where you spent your earthly life will have stuff with it.No fear of death & not stressing over it because stress will just put me in the grave sooner & no matter how rich or poor your are we will all be equally dead in the end.Don't stress something you will never change. ;)

Clayton
    W4KVW

3. KX1G

KX1G Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently included a special addendum to my will giving instructions for dealing with equipment and notifications to the FCC and QST that I had become a Silent Key. Should make things a lot easier for whoever the executor turns out to be. Hoping that my new TS-990 is an antique when it happens. If you need the KX1 prefix better work me now. - KX1G

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool! Family hamming!

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive called it silent key night for 30 years too.....

6. VU2OB

VU2OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Really a wonderful article for all Hams. Sree VU2OB

7. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You are correct. Familiar with that image? We'll never see that again. The Parkes 64 meter radio telescope is known for its contribution to human spaceflight, famously supplying television images from the Moon to denizens of planet Earth during Apollo 11. The enormous, steerable, single dish looms in the foreground of this early evening skyscape. Above it, the starry skies of New South Wales, Australia include familiar southerly constellations Vela, Puppis, and Hydra along with a sight that will never be seen again. Still glinting in sunlight and streaking right to left just below the radio telescope's focus cabin, the space shuttle orbiter Atlantis has just undocked with the International Space Station for the final time. The space station itself follows arcing from the lower right corner of the frame, about two minutes behind Atlantis in low Earth orbit.Atlantis made its final landing early July 21, 5:57am EDT at NASA's Kennedy Space Center.

8. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice baitfish:D, Ive fished the worlds oceans courtesy of the USN and business trips.

Seriously tho it seems you have a nice hobby well under control but where did the alien grandson come from, you doing some experimenting in the lab?

I love catfish cajun style!

Carl

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeh, I observed with Parkes.

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like to take this opportunity to commend a group of local (MA and NH) hams who went out of their way to help in selling off assets of two who recently (2013 and 2015) passed: N1IW and K0TV. Both of these fine people put on courageous battles against cancer.

Hams from the Middlesex county area, contesters in particular, have spent many hours getting the rigs and stuff catalogued and sold off for N1IW an K0TV. In the case of Jerry, K0TV, the pack rat status actually took over a year to assemble and sell off, and was defined in truck loads. They did this with no fan fare and a lot of dedication.

My hats off to them!

WA7PRC likes this.
  11. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

My son's a ham it will all be his.

K3RW likes this.
  12. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Really? That's a hope I guess but far from 100% guarantee that he will still be around? Young folks die every minute & that included ham operators just FYI so you may want too include a backup plan just in case.

Clayton
    W4KVW

13. AC4BB

I have stage 4 cancer so, he's healthy and 27. Yeah, he might but, I'm not selling or willing it to the sales happy animals around here either.

If, not i'll ask some folks I knew to blow holes in the equipment with a .357 magnum to give it a 21 gun salute. and tell them to cut the tower and let it fall in my memory. That's the back-up plans.

W2VW likes this.
  14. AC4BB

Come to think of it If, he dies before I do I'll have it all put inside the coffin and buried with me, yeah, that's the plan.

K8PG and W1YW like this.
  15. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh my goodness ... what stories you must have! Have you written up the experience(s) or posted any
    photographs anywhere on the 'Net?