Do you have a 2 Meter radio in your Personal Vehicle?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by N6OPS, Mar 30, 2019.

?

Do you have a 2Meter radio in your personal vehicle ?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. YES

67.5%
  2. NO

32.5%
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KN4ULD

KN4ULD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup. Yaesu 2980R.

2. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have an HT and a magmount behind the crew seat in the truck, "just in case", but it's been at least three years since I've had a mobile rig in a vehicle; and even before that when I did have a radio installed, I never used it.

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

DC to Daylight. In KL7 land, you get free ham radio license plates if you have 5 Band HF capabilities in your car. I have2 meters, but 6 meter simplex is a lot more reliable over interior Alaska

4. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope. I'd have to grab an HT.

5. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, Icom ID-5100. But it's not there so that I can arrive a disaster sites with a radio. I'll let the pros handle the situation at the disaster .

I am very likely to respond to the EOC, but I will use the equipment that's already in place.

6. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

On and off, Over the decades I had SSB and CW HF, 10 M FM. , 6M FM, 2M AM and and then FM . 220 MHz FM, 440 MHz FM. both in a company van and my personal vehicle!
    Currently nothing because at my advanced age, driving is starting to take all my attention .
    For a few seasons I did SkyWarn storm reporting but the XYL said she wanted me at home when the tornadoes and ice storms hit the area.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  7. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

Had a CB in the '66 Dart at the height of the mid 70's craze. Actually talked to Mel Tillis while he was heading up 95th to the Saber Room for a performance and I was heading to the hospital to visit my mother.

Heck, if it had been Dolly Parton, I probably would have ended in the hospital.

No more mobile op's since then.

8. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I do, but it only works when it wants to. :p

9. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

No I would use a Cell Phone so I could talk to someone like first responders