Do you do Em-Comm /ARES / Skywarn /....etc?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KK4NSF, May 5, 2021.

?

Do you do Em-Comm / ARES / Sywarn / ...ect? (pick as many as are applicable)

1. YES! I think EmComm and/or ARES are very important. I'm properly trained and ready to deploy

7.7%
  2. I'm fully trained, and ready to deploy.... but wonder if EmComm is still relevant in today's world

19.2%
  3. I think EmComm / ARES are good ideas, but do not particiapte

15.4%
  4. I participate in Skywarn / Weather Spotting and think it's a good asset for the community

26.9%
  5. I like the idea of Skywarn / Weather Spotting, but do not participate

26.9%
  6. I think Skywarn / Weather Spotting are relics of the past, and are not needed nowadays

7.7%
  7. I think EmComm / ARES programs are relics of the past and not needed nowadays

11.5%
  8. I think all of the folks who participate are mis-guided, but their hearts are in the right places

23.1%
  9. I think the folks who participate create problems.... or just get in the way

11.5%
  10. I think the folks who participate are fat old CB leftovers who are playing at being self-important

11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

ok.... excellent points all around so far!

Two days into the poll, responses are all over the board! At the moment, no one answer dominates the rest, but I do see a possible geographical trend developing. It's to soon to tell, but where a person lives may impact their attitudes toward the subjest. I think I'll start distribution pattern analysis in the next few days.

K0UO likes this.
  2. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

ok... three days into the pole, and the results are tied! 13 votes are basically positive, and the same number are negative. From among all respondants, five are fully trained.

3. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm a Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Emergency Management Institute (EMI) contract instructor and/ an ARRL EC.

But For the most part/ the use of Hams in a field/// sorry that time, has passed for the most part.

AD5HR likes this.