ad: KF7PMW-1

Do the data portions of the ham bands need rearranged?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AC3DB, Jun 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

But I don't wanna be a pirate!

W4NNF likes this.
  2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What I mean by "too little activity" is that the CW segments are often sparsely populated of late. I know it's partly propagation, but still...

3. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

hmmm, thats what i thought you meant. . .I'd challenge that b/c it's often pretty busy - at least on 20 & 40m CW. But I see what you're saying... I think people are overlooking 10 & 15m - for example, my FT8 signal was all over the US earlier on 10m but nothing on CW. Last weekend during the SKCC Weekend Sprint, 15m was open but everyone was huddled on 20/40 ...

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The only time I've seen 20 CW crowded of late was when there was a hot DXpedition in progress (and that was only a fairly small part of the band), or, as below, during a contest...

[​IMG]

5. N9GUE

N9GUE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

6. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

A segregated place only for this or that particular digital mode? Nope, sorry. The bands are already separated into a "digital/CW" part and a voice part. Start doing that for each individual mode and you are creating a nightmare. If the band is buisy enough you can't find a clear spot, then DON'T! That was -clear-, not sort of clear. And people wonder about why they get interfered with...

7. AC3DB

AC3DB Ham Member QRZ Page

The frequency was not in use when we started. Olivia takes a while to have a conversation. FT8 is very short. We started at the lowest power it took to communicate as we are supposed to. Throughout the conversation we
    The frequency was not in use when we started. Olivia takes a while to have a conversation. FT8 is very short. We were using the lowest power it took to communicate like we are supposed to. Throughout our conversation we were getting deliberate qrm and we had to raise our power levels to overcome it.