ad: Radclub22-1

Do not purchase the Diamond Sg7900ANMO - failed

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by N3QXX, Jun 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N3QXX

N3QXX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The Diamond SG7900NMO is a horrible antenna. Not even a month on the car and part the Phase Capacitor - Part# 17704 failed. Antenna just came apart and unable to reconnect. I sent Diamond an email requesting a replacement part. I had my suspicions about the design and I should have listened. Do not purchase this antenna unless you have money to burn.

When connected it worked great, but not so well when it fell apart.

2. KC4IUL

KC4IUL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have one and been running it for over a year with no problems and it does a great job.

3. KC0NIB

KC0NIB Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of these antennas with "loads" in the mid sections really need to be anchored while the vehicle is in transit. One of mine; had a plastic lip on the top that I fashioned with a plastic tie. Then a piece of fishing line brought down to the front to keep the antenna vertical while the vehicle is in motion. Wind stress can wreak havoc on some stuff.

4. AD4C

AD4C Ham Member QRZ Page

well I have that antenna for many years and never had any issue at all, liked it so much that purchased a second one and installed as a base antenna with three radials underneath and use it to open many repeaters far from home up to 40 miles, in my truck when I travel long distances, to have improved coverage, use this Diamond NG7900ANMO

5. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page