ad: OARC-1

Do any of you have lives outside of QRZ?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K9FON, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. K9FON

K9FON Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive noticed it seems like its always the same ones posting replies on the forums. I mean dont you guys every actually operate or do you just sit on here badgering others?

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Isn't a question like that a bit like the pot calling the kettle black? ;)

N6QIC, KB9OFM, KU4X and 1 other person like this.
  3. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Badger? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!

And VE7RAC had a real nice signal earlier this evening on 20 CW, fast op, clean fist. Real pleasure to work.

N6QIC, WD4IGX and WR2E like this.
  4. K0MB

K0MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And yet, here you are!

N6QIC, WZ7U, K4PIH and 1 other person like this.
  5. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You call helping others, voicing opinions, and educating, badgering?

N6QIC, W2AI and WD4DXQ like this.
  6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I make contacts on the air every day if I'm home and have some free time.

Generally, at least 100 contacts a week on various bands and modes (mostly CW and SSB).

I don't have a remote station (that would be fun) so only operate when I'm home, or sometimes mobile or portable.

But to get on QRZ.com, I can be anywhere there's an internet connection, so I'm on here from almost anywhere including the local Starbucks.:p Or more likely when I'm "on set" someplace, waiting as usual for others to show up or do their jobs, so there's time to kill.

7. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked HL5JCB, F5BZB, EA1YV, and F6GEX today. The Europeans were worked on 6M E skip, so they all count as DX contacts.
    I also trimmed the trees and bushes in the yard, bundled up the sticks, and put them out for our sanitation department.

I also grow a collection of big rose bushes--I moved about five dozen them to the front yard so all the neighbors can enjoy the fragrance as they take their evening stroll. Most of my neighbors are smart enough to realize they can only enjoy this garden as long as I take care of them--hybrid teas are high maintenance plants. ;)

Zack W1VT

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  8. N9RMA

N9RMA Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh boy!!!!!! Here we go. Can you spell TROLL?

N6QIC, KB9OFM and WA4BCS like this.
  9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Subscriber QRZ Page

They have these new technological advancements available in this century which allows you to operate on the air AND post on here at the same time.

It's truly revolutionary, I know!

N6QIC, WU8Y, AC8UN and 1 other person like this.
  10. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a very rich life outside of QRZ.
    But most of that revolves around Electronics, taking long walks, reading the news, talking with my friends both on and off the radio, being our radio club secretary, restoring and using test equipment, playing around with RF.
    There is more but I don't want to bore you.

K1OIK, NL7W and AC8UN like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.