ad: MLSons-1

DMR... you not have a Repeaters in your zone ? The Solution Is Here ...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Jan 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4FJT

W4FJT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

One thing to consider- for travel purposes good luck find a LAN in your hotel room. Everything has switched to wi-fi. I could plug in to our router at home since it has a LAN connection, but if you have a laptop that links with wifi already you might consider the DV4 Mini USB stick that also works with Dstar, Fusion & DMR. That might be a little more versatile. Then there's the DV Mega that you could link to your cell phone and go mobile. There's a lot of possibilities out there.

2. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

sorry but with this HotSpot you not use the LAN of house of hotel.... you used the GSM or 4G connection of mobile telephon network !!! this is the GREAT of this system... you can use in house or in car ...with NO REPEATER !

DV4mini or SHARK RF plus a modem Haweui 5570 (or your smarphone !!! ) and a power bank for supply

and you have YOUR personal repeaters in house or car ..... read my GUIDE ...i descrive this mode .

73 de IW2BSF

here in photo an example:

rf.jpeg

3. NX6ED

NX6ED Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't get it. I have an HT. I have a HF/VHF/UHF base station in my shack. I live on a very small lot so my antenna options are limited somewhat. But, with no electrical power and/or with no Internet I can still communicate. If I want to do computer/Internet based communications I have a cellphone (with Face Time), a computer and a tablet with Skype. With all three I have Facebook and also some blogs I follow. So, I don't get it. If you get it, go for it. I understand that these digital modes give the Tech license holder a greater "range" to talk to, but I believe that spending the equivalent money in the ham radio equipment market (and study materials) would be better for the hobby.

N4GST likes this.
  4. IW2BSF

NX6ED .... this is ONLY a emergency system... when in your local area there aren't some RF REPEATERS ..... ok ?

5. K2ATJ

K2ATJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep might as well use a computer or a smartphone. Agreed.

6. N3HGB

N3HGB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got one better than that. My whole family joined a club that has digital linked repeaters all over the USA. We can send data or voice over the links and the radio is programmed to always find the best local repeater to work with. The radio is low power, but the antennas on the repeaters are superb. The club spend a lot of money on designing them and finding the best towers to rent. Our club has interconnections to other clubs all over the world. I have a QSO with my brother while driving to work and our two clubs link seamlessly :D
    My club is Verizon and his is AT&T :rolleyes:

7. AK7RM

AK7RM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here it is in a nutshell, for those not familiar with DRM.
    Your DMR ready HT (Tytera MD380 UHF for example) works two ways. I can transmit to a repeater or to a "hotspot", either way is needed to get the signal to the internet and out to another repeater some place in the world.

The repeater that it does rebroadcast from depends on the talk group (TG) you have programed in the radio. Like TG 3100 is USA Nation Wide. So when I key up, anyone in North America on TG 3100 can hear me. You'll find a lot of folks in Europe on there because they have family or friends in N America.

What's really nice is I have my SharkRF openSPOT (which is like a DV mini or DV Mega) but a lot better, hooked up to a TP-LINK wifi router, on a battery pack and connected to the hotspot on my iPhone and it's like having a repeater in my car. As long as I have cell service I have connectivity to the internet, hence, connectivity the world over DMR system of repeaters. My first radio check from Mesa Arizona got a call back from a guy walking his dog in the Alps of France. That still belows my mind.

I have a quick set up guide I wrote and for this set up above, if you are interested drop me a note at monzi@netascape.net and I'll send it to you. With HF conditions the way they have been, this has been a really nice change (without any static, remember it's digital)...

73's
    Rob - AK7RM
    Mesa, Arizona

PS: the SharkRF openSPOT will work with DMR, D-Star and System Fusion... :)

8. IW2BSF

N3HBG very nice ...hi hi :)

AK7RM yes its correct that you say.....

but the normal operativity is operated by a normal RF repeater , only if thers isn't
    in your zone or area , is possible to use this HotSpot / OpenSpot ..... for me :)

YES.... on BM via TG91 i talk with some ham-radio in all the parts of USA !!!

New York, Ohio, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas and more from California !

Very great system the DMR ! :)

9. G5STO

G5STO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, I don't speak Digital....... and got a sore throat the last time I tried. However I once managed to make the loading Colour bars on my ZX Spectrum light up by whistling into the Microphone of my TAPE RECORDER. Problem is that you needed to press record at the time to activate the Microphone.....and recorded over Manic Miner.....saddest day of my life.

Attached Files:

10. K3SZ

K3SZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Plus the MD-380 also operates in conventional analog mode as well as DMR (digital) simplex -- neither requiring an Internet connection that have the RF-only crowd chiming in here. The MD-380, for me, has versatility and is my go-to HT at this time. The digital hotspots add to that versatility.

I suppose that RF infrastructure does work great depending on the area. Wish it did here. My old employer's 800 MHz P25 system was good too. DMR works great here in my neck of the woods.

11. IW2BSF

correct that say KI0EO:

"I think DMR is for those that want to experiment and learn something new."

12. IW2BSF

nice GUIDE in english language :

This video explains how to connect to Brandmeister TAC Talkgroups when using DV4-Mini. by Jesse WH6AV

13. PY9PR

PY9PR Ham Member QRZ Page

SEVEN TREE MI FRIEND.

14. KI8W

KI8W Ham Member QRZ Page

We had a discussion about DMR at last nights gathering of our club. Here in Michigan the "people" who run the statewide DMR network have basically closed down most of the rooms and are telling amateurs what they can and cannot do with the system. It has become a big political mess and a lot of people are dumping DMR in favor of other digital modes.

15. IW2BSF

yes.... i think is the same question here in Italy , and this its NOT good ! :-(