DMR Static talk groups not audible - need help

Discussion in 'Digital Radio, DMR, Fusion, Wires, DSTAR' started by AC9XT, Oct 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. AC9XT

AC9XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the wrong forum for this but your help is appreciated.

I have a pi-star hotspot working for dynamic groups. I used this YouTube video to setup static groups and I can see various talkgroups starting calls on the tiny LCD screen on the pi-star but the MD380 does not show activity on screen nor any audio from what's showing on the pi-star LCD. I programmed 4000 group call to unlink and also use the Brandmeister portal to unlink from QSO/Group and reset and issue persists. I have TAC310 and 91 working fine as dynamic groups. Not sure what I am missing but would like to scan and listen to the static groups on my MD380.

Thanks,

KD9JNW

2. KK4JW

KK4JW Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't see the video right now, but have you verified your TS and CC settings are correct? I seem to recall something regarding Pi-Star and MMVDM hotspots only being able to use one TS at a time.

Also, do you have the TG's programmed into your MD380 correctly? They may need to be added to the RX group list if they haven't been. Have you tried using digital monitor (promiscuous)?

Just some things that immediately come to mind and might be worth checking out if you haven't already.

AC9XT likes this.
  3. AC9XT

On MD380, I believe it is one TG at a time, yes, so I have it set to TG2 and can use Worldwide (91) TAC310 and UK - for Rx and Tx on all

I'll try the digital monitor (promiscuous) mode, it may be what I missed and report back, thanks

KK4JW likes this.
  4. K0KQ

K0KQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The programming cable for my Anytone plugs into the headphone and mic jacks, effectively muting audio. I could see activity on the screen but couldn't hear anything. Any chance the MD380 is playing this trick?

AnyTone AT-D878UV
    pi-star MMDVM
    home spun codeplug

AC9XT likes this.
  5. AC9XT

I can hear on dynamic groups; worldwide/91 and 310, I can't see activity on the MD380 screen for the static talkgroups, just on the tiny LCD for the pi-star

6. AC9XT

Alright, thank you KV4JW and K0KQ - It was digital monitor (promiscuous) mode setting not being enabled. Changed to enabled and can listen on all static groups now.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    KK4JW likes this.
  7. KK4JW

KK4JW Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool! Glad we got it figured out!

AC9XT likes this.