ad: dxeng

DMR Interference on 435.350

Discussion in 'Satellite and Space Communications' started by K6LCS, Aug 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W9EXP

W9EXP Ham Member QRZ Page

It's been bad the last 2 passes I worked. I listened to one on the tape and I started hearing it 4min and 44sec into the pass. Which with my primitive math would be about 1200 miles North of me.

2. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

So far, over about 20 recorded passes of XW-2F, there was only ONE that showed some evidence of DMR on the lower edge of the passband. I wrote the pass down at work but will have to examine it tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

3. K6LCS

K6LCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KB1PVH

KB1PVH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. WD9EWK

WD9EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. It is a good explanation of the situation regarding frequencies.

The link for the document goes to Facebook. I hope this document is placed in the Brandmeister wiki, or some other publicly-accessible site.

6. K6LCS

K6LCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Were you not able to access it?

7. WD9EWK

I was able to read the document. Otherwise, how could I make a comment about it like:

Since that is a good document for those wanting to set up a hotspot for DMR, it should be accessible on a BrandMeister web site, and not just through that Facebook link. I did not see anything about it on brandmeister.network or its wiki earlier today. It looks like the BrandMeister wiki is similar to the Station and Operating Hints page on the AMSAT site for satellites. If not there, it should be available from some other site related to BrandMeister or DMR that would be useful for those setting up a hotspot. That's all.

8. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Obviously, (or is it obliviously?) terrestrial operations, and simplex have priority over weak signals from satellites.o_O (Can I turn off the sarcasm now?) Unfortunately, "packet" and simple FM were always active on the Space Shuttle downlink frequency. Never mind such silliness as band plans, gentleperson's agreements, etc.

KS1G likes this.
  9. AA0CW

AA0CW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah remember the Mexican taxi cabs on AO-51? Or was it AO-27? Anyway I noticed during todays AO-92 eastern and western pass there was no interference, none.

10. WD9EWK

I remember hearing the cabs and other long-range VHF cordless phones more on both of those satellites, but it seemed to be more prevalent on AO-27. Go back a few years before AO-51, and AO-27 had issues from Mexican Red Cross ambulances using 145.850 MHz as their dispatch frequency in a city along the US border. It took work from hams on both sides of the border, and working through the IARU, to finally get the Mexican authorities to move the ambulances off that frequency.

For the current issue with DMR being heard through AO-92... ARRL has posted a news item on its web site, based on what appears in last weekend's AMSAT News Service bulletin.

http://www.arrl.org/news/digital-mo...erfering-with-satellite-uplinks-amsat-reports

73!

WE4B likes this.