DMR HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Radio, DMR, Fusion, Wires, DSTAR' started by K1FRO, Apr 21, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K1FRO

K1FRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Im using Anytone 878 and 578. I can listen to dmr traffic and I can see that I have sent dmr traffic to intended talk groups when I look at brandmeister last heard. However I can not talk to people or at least it seems that they are oblivious to me. My hot spot shows that my radio is connecting to it with a 0.3BER or less. also i can not upload aprs. Can anyone help me out with this?

2. W0JKT

W0JKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have another post here somewhere but am just a bit behind you. They have no code plug listed for AZ and am planning to get a hotspot but have been too busy with business.

However, if you bought them from Bridgecom I understand they are very helpful to call from other reports. They also have zillions of videos to learn from. I have just been to busy to absorb it and before calling for HELP want to do as much learning as I can first.

The 878/578 have great reviews just complex to learn and set up at least for folks probably like you and me. I have never been on 2m or a repeater since I come from the tube days of the 1960s and off the air for 40 years! I researched zillions of reviews on HTs for 2m before decided on the 878 but now totally new concepts to program.

My only complaint is their almost daily emails from them with their specials and marketing!

I realize I am the blind leading the blind..... :(

3. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

4. AB6RF

AB6RF Ham Member QRZ Page

If you can see yourself on the Last Herd, and on the correct TG, you’re definitely doing something right :)

Have you tried using the Parrot to test your transmission?

In general, I highly recommend people to use the Parrot to debug any connectivity issues, and to make sure their TX audio level is reasonable.

K1FRO likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Moved to the proper forum

Dave
    W7UUU

K1FRO likes this.
  6. K1FRO

yes, I have tried parrott. I showed up in brandmeister but nothing came back to me. I used parrot through my hotspot with my ht. I have not tried parrot or other dmr group with my mobile on a dmr tower. I will try using a tower with the mobile.

7. K1FRO

Thanks!

8. AB6RF

When you say nothing came back, do you mean there was no audio coming out of the HT, or the hotspot never went into TX mode?

Actually, could you share a screen shot of your hotspot Admin screen, while you're doing the Parrot test? Here's an example I just captured.
    I transmitted a to Parrot for about 10s, then then took the screen shot while hotspot was transmitting my message back to me.
    Could you take similar capture from your hotspot?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  9. AB6RF

BTW, when I look up your callsign on Brandmeister, I don't see any transmissions to Parrot.

10. K1FRO

I can get a screen shot when I get back to the house~~1930-2100.