DMR Help

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by WB6ARC, Aug 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB6ARC

WB6ARC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm just getting in to DMR. I have set up in the radio software Digital Contacts, RX groups, Channels and Zones. If I go to one of my contacts on the radio should I hear any chatter if someone is talking or is there something else I need to do. I'm going to be working through a Hot Spot that I set up. I set my hot spot to a simplex freq on my radio. The hot spots says listening after I press transmit but I don't hear any chatter if I go to various contacts. I have contacts like Texas 3148, North America 3, Tri-State 8, and some others. I uploaded the codeplug to the radio and then I go to contacts I see the names and can choose one but I just don't hear anything. Is there anything else I should be doing or can't you listen in like with a repeater.

My radio is a small GD-73 chinese radio and my Hot Spot is a MMDVM Hotspot Spot Radio Station Wifi Digital Voice Modem P25 DMR Hotspot Support YSF Raspberry Pie OLED Antenna. I can connect to my hotspot with no problem using my web browser so I'm assuming it is talking to my home wifi network.

Any help or advice would be appreciated or any Call names and ID's that are good would be also helpful.

Thanks
    Rich

2. KE5MC

KE5MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No DMR expert here... To a local repeater, Texas 3148 on the correct time slot is straight forward. Locally 3148 could be setup as static, dynamic or not available at all. In any case, the talk group number is 3148. I have a ZumSpot and Anytone 868 and find hotspot access adds another layer of complexity. I've watched many youtube and read several web based write-ups. My impressions are your radio needs to have channels programmed for linking and unlinking and in the case of Texas 3148 it will have a format of xxx3148 with the xxx are numbers related to where you are linked. I'm not saying its 3 numbers added it might be less, just an example. I find using Dstar and YSF much easier to setup and navigate. For the time being I have an "attitude" about DMR of the negative variety. While I've not given you much to work with, check out what you can find on the internet. Some of what you will find leaves holes in the information flow.
    Good Luck!

3. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When I was active on DMR, I had a similar setup, but used the GD-77. The Radioddity radios are funny...you have to program them a certain way in order to hear the receive side. It's been a while for me, and honestly I can't recall the procedure. Join the Radioddity Facebook group and ask. You'll get the answer you're looking for.

Good luck,
    Max
    VE3TMT

4. SV2EVS

SV2EVS Ham Member QRZ Page

If your radio has the same 'glitch' as the GD-77 you need an rx group list. Create on and select it for each contact you have...if that is they way they still work/programmed.