DMR AnyTone Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Radio, DMR, Fusion, Wires, DSTAR' started by KC1PEH, May 4, 2021 at 10:00 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC1PEH

KC1PEH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey everyone, I just needed to ask a technical question, and I was hoping I could find the answer here. I have an AnyTone 878 DMR handheld radio that will do analog and digital, but the issue is that when I key the mic on the digital repeaters, it looks good for a second, and then makes this 'BRRRR' sound and a box with a red exclamation point and the words REPEATER NOT FOUND shows up on the screen. I have my digital ID and I'm all signed in and everything, so I know that that's not the problem, but me and my grandfather, NR1W, are having a hard time figuring out what is. I'm so confused!:confused:

73, and thank you in advance everyone,
    Bradley, KC1PEH

2. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have the correct TS programmed? Correct color code? It's most likely something simple.

KF5RRF likes this.
  3. N3CLA

N3CLA Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you sure you are able to hit the repeater (distance, obstacles, etc)?

You can use Solwise - Surface Elevation Tool | Solwise Ltd to view line-of-sight terrain between 2 points. Note that just because there might me a small hill "blocking" the line-of-sight, it may not come into play. I have one that on the chart "blocks" several repeaters I use, but in reality I have no problems hitting them.