ad: portazero-1

DIY Baofeng/Kenwood Programming Cable and Chirp Install on MacOSX

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, May 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

A93LT and A65DB like this.
  2. KE8MPK

KE8MPK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a baofeng UV-5r and love the DIY for the programming cable. I just use the one that came with the radio. I love the Channel and all the ham radio videos.! keep up the awesome work!

KM9G likes this.
  3. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Appreciate the kind words, thanks!

KE8MPK likes this.
  4. NC6PT

NC6PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    Nice concise description. You mentioned a "link below," but I'm not finding that link.
    Is there anything to add about the iMac recognizing the USB device you're plugging in? Are special USB drivers needed? I recently upgraded to OSX 10.13.6, and the USB cable device that used to work for programming my BaoFeng doesn't work now.

5. NC6PT

NC6PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Went to the YouTube channel cited on your QRZ page, and that works better! Still curious about the USB drivers, though.

6. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

7. Hi,
    Nice concise description. You mentioned a "link below," but I'm not finding that link.
    Is there anything to add about the iMac recognizing the USB device you're plugging in? Are special USB drivers needed? I recently upgraded to OSX 10.13.6, and the USB cable device that used to work for programming my BaoFeng doesn't work now.

8. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

What link are you looking for? (You have to clock "show more" in the description under the youtube video to see all the links.

The FTDI device should work with the iMac without any drivers, but any other device *might* need drivers. What cable device do you have?