Dit Dah CW Gang lol

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KI4ODO, Sep 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KI4ODO

KI4ODO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just had my first run in with the infamous Dit Dah CW Gang on 40. Had a nice qso with "Dit" lol. He was switching keys, I think one was a Vizkey. So there is a clue. Guess I'll have to qsl to find out. Fun stuff :)

K2ZA likes this.
  2. K8PRG

K8PRG Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked Dit couple weeks ago......they have a NPOA activation coming up first of Oct...hope to go out to meet them then.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

So enlighten us: what exactly is the "infamous Dit Dah CW Gang"? What do you mean by a "run in" with them??

Gangstas with Morse Keys? :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KI4ODO

Well the "run in" was he answered my CQ and we had a nice qso lol. I knew the call so it was cool to work them. I like the light hearted fun spin to it. Creative.

5. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Care to share the callsign? I'm not sure this is as famous as you think.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  6. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

Vergessen Sie nicht, dah.

7. KI4ODO

Oh sorry my bad. The call is KS8KCC. I just thought they put a funny spin on things so in my often poor attempt at humor, I tried a funny thread :)

8. K8PRG

K8PRG Ham Member QRZ Page

OK KB, they're not famous like Elvis or The Beatles....but they have fun with their little CW club and we share in that fun......
    There should be more of that IMO...to balance out some hams that are wound up too tight and take themselves way too seriously.

KD8VSQ and NO7E like this.
  9. AA8TA

AA8TA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Guess you had to have been there.

SKCC is a good group and I would not call them infamous. By the way, look up the definition of that word.

10. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Or "tommy" guns? :eek:

[​IMG]

W7UUU and KA0HCP like this.