Disturbing Behavior on My Part.....

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by KA4KOE, Jul 28, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

I find that with the severe dearth of AM activity as of late due to PW conditions and massive lighting static, I have been guilty of using sideband because frankly, I like to run my mouth.

Does this make me a bad person??

FLEEP
    KA4KOE

N6YW likes this.
  2. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Not in my book... hope to bump into ya on the air sometime! :D

3. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

No Guilt In CW OM!
    Knock some rust off that fist and join the fun!
    We rag chew when others can't...
    VY 73 from a one time daily AM'er.
    de n8aft sk ..

N6YW likes this.
  4. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe I'll try that. I can't operate slopbucket because I don't have anything that will transmit SSB.

N6YW likes this.
  5. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

The only SSB activity I normally participate in, is the Vintage SSB Roundtable Group I belong to, and host
    on a schedule with several other ops. Being that it's technical in nature makes it a great group, many of whom
    are regulars on the AMI nets. I am determined to get back into CW after my shack is finished though, and it's
    made me feel guilty due to the fact I spent so much time learning it and getting to 30 wpm. It's been nearly 15
    years since. Time to get back!

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

You're the worst. I don't know why we even allow you on the Zed, you traitor. I hope someone chains a Johnson Desk Kilowatt to your left ankle, a BC 610 to your right ankle and tosses you off a long pier.

I'm disgusted with your ilk.

Eric

W2VW likes this.
  7. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

So, Eric, you seem kinda restrained in your statement. I think you're letting me off lightly.

8. W7TFO

W7TFO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You're just lucky that when he throws you off that pier you weren't destined to straddle some big pipe on the way down...

DG

9. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought an old HW8 on ebay to try and get back into CW.
    Its much easier on CW even with all the lightning.
    I just need to get up past 5 wpm.
    Thinking a homebrew cw station would spark my interest as well, CW takes effort and a homebrew rig would drive some activity I think.
    I could add a product detector to one of the home brew receivers, but the AGC might be a problem and I need a narrow filter.
    A homebrew VFO that is good enough for CW might be tough with tubes, a good frequency readout, and no bleed through.
    Time to hit the books. A nice project for winter, maybe a 2E26 20 watt transmitter.

10. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like to operate CW more but my time for operating is usually in the evening and by then I'm too tired from work to feel like doing it. The most fun way to operate CW is with an old class C rig and vintage receiver.

N6YW likes this.