Dispute

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N3AB, Apr 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Never mind the 'new baby'. That bundle of joy is likely sleeping. :D

Refusing a meet up, and cold hard cash in hand, would have screamed warnings all over the place.

The good news is that I think you'll get your money back.

2. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

When the transaction goes smoothly, it's a tremendous plus. The reach of an ad on the Zed is unbeatable. Unfortunately, it does not take much to spoil a barrel full of past positive experiences.

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

JOHN,
    GREETINGS FROM SALEM, NH

LET ME SAY CONGRATS ON YOUR MANY
    YEARS OF HAM RADIO AND ESPECIALLY
    GETTING YOUR TICKET AT SUCH A
    YOUNG AGE.......BRAVO.

GOOD JOB ON YOUR QRZ PAGE.

I AM SORRY TO READ WHAT THAT
    BUM / LID / LEAKY DUMMY LOAD
    DID TO YOU ON THE PURCHASE
    OF THE "Lexian 868S".

JOHN,
    IT'S WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE,
    THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT
    YOU STILL HAVE ENUFF MONEY
    TO FEED THESE TWO RASCALS
    N3AB.jpg

HAVE FUN AND REMEMBER NOT ALL HAMS ARE
    LIKE THAT RASCAL

73 - K1LKP

W1TRY, W5PFG, KP4SX and 1 other person like this.
  4. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

That was the best post I have read in many years! Thank you!!!!

John N3AB

K1LKP likes this.
  5. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

One more thing I'd like to add. The radio probably could have been made whole again by opening it up and removing the extra wires. BUT, if the radio was not functional, me taking it apart would have given the seller an opportunity to claim that I damaged it. I felt it was best to ask for a return.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    AJ4GQ and WR2E like this.
  6. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

I want to thank everyone who commented on this transaction. If I would have met the seller in person, I never would have purchased the radio in the condition it was in. Again, I fell for the "new baby" line. My mistake!

Current status of the dispute: Paypal got back to me quickly and requested that I send the item back to the seller. Also requested that I give them a tracking number so that they could verify that the item was returned and delivered, at which time I would receive a refund.

As best as I can tell, the seller sent a message to Paypal (content of which is unknown to me), but whatever was said changed things quickly. Paypal emailed me and said that they ruled in my favor and refunded my money immediately. They said nothing about returning the radio.

I sent the radio back to the seller, properly packed with bubble wrap. I ended up losing the return shipping.

I've been doing eBay and Paypal for 21 years, and it goes to show that even us old-timers can be had.

I am glad that I used regular Paypal, and not their F&F option.

Have a good weekend, everyone. 73, John N3AB

AJ4GQ, KP4SX and K1LKP like this.
  7. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

OK JOHN,
    THANK GOODNESS YOU
    DID NOT TELL THE FOLKS
    AT PAYPAL WHAT I SAID
    ABOUT THE
    BUM / LID / LEAKY DUMMY LOAD

HIHIHIHI..........
    CONGRATS NEW.gif

8. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

There is not a thing wrong with F&F if you use it per the TOS. I have a couple friends I use it with a couple of my friends when I need to give them some money. But I don't use it for goods and services. That is against Paypals TOS and would be cheating Paypal and I don't cheat people or big companies out of money. Could someone that has no problem cheating Paypal out of money please tell me why you have no problem doing that? Thanks

9. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

That was the point of my saying that. The fee that PP gets, buys the purchaser protection, as was the case with me.

If I need to send someone in my family some money, I just send them a check.

10. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Last year, a friend of mine's church was having a cookie sale to raise funds to repair the roof of their building.
    I wanted to send my buddy some greenbacks so they could make a purchase for me to "Support their efforts"...

Even though I was sending mobey to a friend to do something on my behalf, PayPal would not allow me to send the money F&F since a business transaction was involved....
    A(Censored)s