Displaying State and Distance Columns in Logbook views

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by WE1SAX, Apr 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WE1SAX

WE1SAX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I enjoy using QRZ for its simplicity. I would like to display the State or similar/equivalent for non US next to country and distance from my Grid Location. Does anyone know how to do this? I've not been able to find the technique in the help information or other articles in this forum.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

To alter a view:
    Open your logbook
    Select New View on the Viewing pull down menu
    Setup the new view's rules; these are the only setup choices available
    Name the rule and save it

To return, select the named view.

3. WE1SAX

Thank you for your quick response but it was not helpful for the question I asked.
    ** Please let me clarify. I am familiar and frequently use the View Rules to filter log entries so this will not help with my question.
    I am looking to "DISPLAY in the VIEW" the station's QTH, State, County and Distance in miles that are only visible when you open a log entry which view's rules does not offer.

Hopefully, I have clarified my question.

N2IPH likes this.
  4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are clear. This feature is not available.

5. WE1SAX

Thank you again for responding so quickly. I am sorry to hear that this feature is not available and hope the request might make its way into a future enhancement. 73

K5HHQ and N2IPH like this.
  6. DJ0ABR

DJ0ABR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to see the distance too !!!

7. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

help1.jpg

8. WE1SAX

** Please let me clarify. I am familiar and frequently use the View Rules to filter log entries so this will not help with my question.
    I am looking to "DISPLAY in the VIEW" that lists all the station's QTH, State, County and Distance in miles that are only visible when you open a log entry which view's rules does not offer.

9. WE1SAX

I am trying to avoid having to open each individual QSO one at a time to find each recorded distance. Instead, it would be great to have the distance shown in the list of QSOs and be able to use the rules filter to show the QSOs between a minimum distance value and a upper value.

10. W1OPR

W1OPR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

agreed, being able to customize the fields, ie remove or add what we want would be a great feature. distance, state, etc.... I know an old thread, but it is a good request.

N2IPH and KI6IPO like this.