Discussion of Religious Materials

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by ZGRAF, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. WW7F

WW7F Guest

Wehad one such character who used to use our club repeater like it was his own.

Guy was on the repeater way back when we first began seeing Russian hams visit us here in the states.

They were on there chatting with some of the folks who sponsored thier visit, this guy got on and began assuming god had sent these hams his way and he began trying to save thier souls on the air until he got basically told to butt out.
    He really left those hams with a poor impression of some folks, he assumed they were all in need of salvation and was pretty awkward moment.
    Takes all kinds in this hobby I guess :)
    It was kind of an insult to those folks they were left with the impression they were in need of help and somehow we were better than them.
    I agree,religion causes more problems than it is worth on the air gave that example, true BTW ,to illustrate my point.

I am not anti religion but there is a time and place for all things and that was not one of those moments IMHO.

I do not go to a church and do not intend to be part of a manmade orginization like one, I used to long ago but that soured in a bad way.

So any cards or letters inviting me will be used for the bottom of the birdcage but my bird would likely take a huge dump on it anyhow:)

I dislike how some have money to build SWBC stations TV networks yet claim they always need more money

Is it me or do those orgs seem to go thru a lot of cash in a short time?
    I have no argument of freedom of religion for others, I hope I get respect in return for my beliefs and not condescending attitude but this is ham radio and a diverse bunch as well.
    The OP I do not think is trolling for geeks perhaps but a loaded question to ask of us.
    I wonder, lately most of these questions have been asked by someone who has no license or just used a name to sign in with, could some of these be put there just with the intent to troll?
    No matter if there is I treat religion like I do sun exposure, a little is OK a lot causes cancer:)
    No beef with anyones belief just some beliefs seem intent to run roughshod over others if they disagree with us we are the enemy then.
    I wish you all a good day, 73,Michelle:)

2. K0MB

K0MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Stay away from the Amish guys! They built me a beautiful beam of solid oak and the damn thing is nearly useless!

K0MB

3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

This may very well be the purpose!

"Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division." Luke 12:51

4. KO6WB

KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Has the OP even bothered to reply to any of the postings?
    Seems to be a troll.
    Hate it when that happens
    Gary

5. WW7F

WW7F Guest

I hear those guys can build almost anything out of wood:) I would hire Amish carpenters if that was the case, but I don't know how many Amish outside those employed by Amana to make microwave ovens would have much electronics savvy:)
    I hear they can build a mean barn too almost overnight:)
    But I guess we need to go see WIK for the free yagis:) I hear he has a money back guarantee as well if you don't like the free yagis he will take them down for ya, and since they were free, you got what you spent back on the deal:)
    73, sorry for the weird mood just been one of those days I wish was over ,LOL sincerely,Michelle

6. K0MB

K0MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Just FYI, the Amana Colonies had nothing to do with Amish or any religion. They were economic colonies.

K0MB

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought the Amana colonies built refrigerators, washing machines and stuff like that.

8. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Steve,

That they did.

Bill

9. NM9K

NM9K Ham Member QRZ Page

If it was really uncensored, "indecent" wouldn't be the standard, and "obscene" would remain unregulated and welcome.

That said, I avoid 14.313 and am glad that stuff is scorned and arguably illegal.

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A lot of that is definitely illegal, not so much with respect to content as operating procedures.

But it's just one frequency out of millions we have, and the FCC hasn't the enforcement team to go after everybody who violates the regulations...that's why we're a largely self-regulating service. Easy to spin the dial. I get a nosebleed above about 14.250 or so anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.