Discussion of Religious Materials

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by ZGRAF, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

"God packed airways" now that's a good one. I hear far more offensive topics and language on 75/80 meters that I do anything of a religions nature. Now you have my honest opinion.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you listened to the SW broadcast bands? Those are packed with religious broadcasters.

3. WH2HAO

WH2HAO QRZ Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The holy rollers have a detrimental effect for one reason. An example. My personal DX hangouts, like the mid east and north korea, that I'm trying to get a contact . If the holy rollers were not trying to flood north korea, maybe they would turn off the jammers and let me make a legitimate contact. Nobody wants unsolicited god rants on the air, thats why you go to church. You want me to rant for 24 hours a day on 20 meters about something I know you don't want to hear. Talking about religion , or any other personal unscientific belief, should be against the rules for ham bands, now thats my opinion. Go to church, visit the pope, but stay off the ham bands, please....

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I planned a trip to visit the Pope this week and then found out there isn't any Pope.:p

5. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise..1 Corinthians 1:27

6. KY6M

KY6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Man, that is terrible. You can't make contact with North Korea? What is this world coming to? Who wouldn't want to talk to Kim jung un? He is my favorite despot! Don't let God get in your way, you just crank up them watts and get past Him!

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ecclesiastes 1:8 All things are wearisome, more than one can say. The eye never has enough of seeing, nor the ear its fill of hearing.

8. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

My feeling is that if you start doing this soon after getting your license, you'll discover yourself becoming very unpopular with your local ham community very quickly. And whatever you do, don't do it on a club repeater. I think there are many more hams out there that don't want to hear this on the bands than ones who do, whether that's their personal belief or not...

9. NQ3X

NQ3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Well played, well played indeed.

goodguygregmazz+rolls+24+you+win+the+internet+_7ea93a8ef15f2fa3bcc1ee5147b0ebb2.jpg

10. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, who determines what is scientific and is not? Well other that you of course. Some people believe hunting UFOs, and Big Foot is scientific. There are fanatics of all kinds on the amateur bands. Spin the dial.

I personally think hearing some know it all amateur drone on and on about every high priced toy he has is the shack is about the most boring thing I have heard on the bands. So in my opinion that should be against the amateur band rules. Oh, and the operators who can't think of what they want to say next but instead of saying over and letting someone else talk they keep the key down and go aww, uuuu, urrrr, or grunt until they finally think of something else to say. That should be BANNED on the band. If you think I am making light of this I am.

I mean I just didn't know religious amateurs were preventing you from contacting North Korea. My goodness that sounds like an important contact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.