Discussion of Religious Materials

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by ZGRAF, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

It's like anything else on the radio. If you like what you hear listen, if you don't like it turn that big knob on the front of your rig. I'd rather hear people discuss the Bible than listen to some of the filth on 75 Meters... but that's just me.

2. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Throw them all to the lions I say!

3. K1FBI

I'll have a Caesar salad with that.

4. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What is truth?

5. K1FBI

Everything in red text.

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

An insult to lions.

7. WH2HAO

WH2HAO QRZ Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Honestly, and just my opinion, but if that is your intention, just stick to SWL and don't get your license, there are enough stations for you to listen in on, like the entire SWL airway filled with holy rollers. For your first post, you posted about one of the 4 forbidden fruits. Sex, Politics, Religion and Race. You didn't even ask about the theory of radio wave propagation or sun spot activity and its affect on the bands. All you want to know is if you can spew more religious dialogue into an already god packed airway. So no offense, but if you post about one of the 4 forbidden fruit topics, you have to be open to many honest opinionated responses.

8. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

On the radio unlike here you can discuss any topic (almost) but religion yes you may it is done around the world by all faiths. Sadly many choose to not to speak his name and forsake him to others in a country founded on christianity and "God" in all we do, even the money we spend.

That said I do not for one reason I "DO NOT" bad chew on the radio I DX only and around the world where many different religions are all I care about is a 59 and they have my call sign correct. If someone would ask me about God or Jesus I would not hesitate to answer at any length they desired.

9. KO6WB

KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This can depend on where you are in the World. Some countries are very sensitive about religion and have specific laws governing the discussions and exchange of ideas.
    If you are located in the United States you have a Constitutional right to practice (or not practice) your religion. By the same token I don't have to listen to you if I don't want to. You also have the freedom of speech. It's always in good taste to refrain from using the colorful language that seems to be an irresistible draw to some. It just makes you sound crude, unintelligent and unable to express yourself without such language.
    It must also be stated that amateur radio is international in scope. You need to honor the practices of others in the distant lands you can communicate with. Note: you do have to do that and you can certainly tell anybody you wish about your beliefs. It's just an excellent idea to use restraint at times. Keep that in mind when ever you are not communicating with a group that will usually share your beliefs.
    Have fun
    Gary

10. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

I am an adherent to the pursuit of Kaminami. I build shrines of wire that enable me to commune with spirit waves--unseen by eyes, unheard by ears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.