ad: Bamatech-1

Discriminating Hams...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by NL7W, Jul 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Jerry was a Vietnam Radio Vet, and just about the time the war ended, Class D CB [27mhz] was taking off like hot dogs at the local fair. As a teen we used it like AOL Chat Rooms.

Kids on 14, Business users on 11, Truckers on 10 [that was before they switched to 19] and Older teens and young adults talking adult stuff on 23 [and yes girls and women were on CB and dates were being made on the side]; Grumpy hams talking on 75 meters about what they just heard on 27mhz while sounding just as bad as CB 23 would get at times.

I remember at 16 there was I Girl I met at the mall , her dad had a CB Base but she was about 15 miles away from me; but we still could talk between us.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    NL7W likes this.
  2. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

i think he had one of everything in h's catalogue.

3. W5INC

W5INC Ham Member QRZ Page

@ 40 years of age Ms. Blanco is indeed a Gold digger and she uses the internet to rack up the cash. Supposedly making 4 million dollars a year being a social influenceR, on the social media shtick. Not quite sure what a social influenceR does but @ 40 Ms. Blanco is in pretty good shape. Takes some time, dedication and discipline to keep everything lined up in that manner, I'm guessing. I wonder if she feels exploited in any way, while carrying that cash to the bank?

4. K8XG

So he had that Organ you can see in the pic and the TVs, H89 computers and trainers, and test equipment as well ? All of that takes more than a room to hold ; a warehouse

Key point Jerry used to go to Dayton Hamfest with a hat that said World's Largest Heathkit collection. At some point another guy who published a book about his largest collection had confronted him. After he learned about that Error he put a pre-script about Jerry's collection in the front of his book, and that book is sitting on top of the HK TV just to the right of that organ in that picture. Sorry I can't remember the name of that book.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  5. KA0USE

sorry, i meant everything hk green and no digital. 2 walls of a bedroom, floor to ceiling.
    looked like evrything to me! from mid 50s to mid 60s. i don't recall the pink lunchboxes or an organ (!).

6. KA0USE

she has a chippendale or 2 to carry it.

NL7W likes this.
  7. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

K2CD likes this.
  8. KA0USE

with all that current (at the time) gear, this dude's gotta be making more than $1.68/hour.
    whoops, forgot- everybody had e-z pay financing back then.

9. K8XG

FYI I made less less than $3 an hour at a night time gas station that got robbed all the time until the town allowed normal folks to carry guns

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    NL7W and K4NWD like this.