Disable email notifications for a logbook file upload?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by NS8N, Sep 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. NS8N

NS8N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My inbox is filled with these and feel they are unnecessary. Any way to disable this? Thanks.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Sign in to QRZ
    Select My Account on the pop up menu at your right hand callsign
    Scroll down to Logbook Options
    Select and save

3. NS8N

Hello, thanks for trying to help. I scrolled down to "Logbook options" and the only option close to what I am trying to prevent is:

"Accept incoming Private Messsages (PM's) from the Logbook System?" I selected 'NO' but still get emails dispatched to my email account for every logbook ADI file upload.

I am not so worried about forum PMs as I am about auto-emails sent to my personal email address.

4. NS8N

I suppose until QRZ implements an option to disable these emails, a work-around that I just implemented is thus (assuming you have gmail):

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en

Create a filter that automatically archives emails from 'support@qrz.com' which have the words "qrz logbook" in the heading. This way they are not even displayed in your inbox. 73

5. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't do any ADI file uploads, but I get no emails messages from the logbook system.
    Try un-checking these boxes.

From a forum page hover over your call sign, and select "Contact Details" then "Privacy", and un-check the boxes.
    help1.jpg help2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017