Digital Slow Scan TV for Mac

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KD4KO, May 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
  1. KD4KO

KD4KO Ham Member QRZ Page

The BlackCat slow scan demo works very well on my iMac.
    Is there a Digital slow scan tv program for Mac?

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There are no native Mac apps for digital SSTV, to my knowledge.

3. KD4KO

K3DCW, I am receiving SSTV ok, using my SignaLink sound card, but I not able to TX. The Sound Output for transmit is set to USB AUDIO CODEC. The PTT light on the SignaLink will not turn on no matter what the TX knob is set at, even with the SSTV's output at max.

4. K3DCW

I'm not very familiar with the Blackcat SSTV program, but Chris (the developer) is a long-time Mac guy who provides great support. I would suggest contacting him.

In the meantime, however, double check whether the demo supports transmit. Also, make sure your audio out for the USB Audio CODEC in the Mac System Preferences is set to max. It doesn't matter what the SIgnaLink knob is set for if the drive from the Mac is set too low.

5. KD4KO

Thank you! Raising the audio level of the USB Audio CODEC did the trick. TX keyed ok but no slow scan input.
    I have to find out what the cost is to unlock .

6. K3DCW

Do you mean input, or output? Earlier you said you were receiving SSTV ok, so I presume you mean no slow scan output.

Are you using the data jack on the back of the rig? Are you in USB or Data mode? As I recall, you're using an 857D and I believe you need to be in Data mode for the 857D to key from the data pot on the back. Check the manual for instructions on setting up AFSK, and that's what you'll need to do for the SSTV as well.