ad: chuckmartin

Digital modes FT-100

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by WZ2N, Jul 20, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K9AAA

K9AAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ray, it has been several years and I am not sure you still use the FT-100D or if you still do digital modes ( I saw you did some FT8 back in 2019 and have the FT-991 now), but do you recall what settings you used for CAT control? The FT-100D is not in the list of rigs and if I choose Ft-100 it just bombs over and over. I have the CT-62 cable connected and a CT-39 cable connected for audio and can't get the rig to Tx. I am so frustrated and been at it for weeks!

2. KN6EWM

KN6EWM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

help with data port on FT-100d
    i know im sending a signal from the computer via a sound card and the cat turns on PTT but no signal out of the radio ?
    any ideas 818-324-3019

3. K9AAA

K9AAA Ham Member QRZ Page

I am still in the same boat as you. I have switched out my antenna and still doesn't seem like I am getting out. PSKreporter says no one has ever heard me transmitting. Very frustrating.

4. KN6EWM

help with data port on FT-100d
    i know im sending a signal from the computer via a sound card and the cat turns on PTT but no signal out of the radio ?
    any ideas 818-324-3019

5. KN6EWM

i know its a setting in the radio but i dont know any one that knows this radio very well that can help
    thers a lot of data configurations
    im not getting a signal on the ALC meter

6. KB0MNM

KB0MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

Before you get excited about using a Rigblaster for the 430 and CAT, be aware that K5PA wrote a revision "B" note about the 450 and 'negative TTL signalling' which talked about minor modifications such as just a resistor. In other words, if the signalling seems to pass from the CAT cable yet not key the rig correctly for CAT operations- you may have an inverted signal because Kenwood *was* different compared to the others ( Icom and Yaesu). There are a few obscure references to this on the rigblaster site, along with WSJT software recommendations which may refer to early versions. ( West Mountain Radio, Rigblaster, Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu, and CAT all refer to companies, hardware, and software that are or were protected by various legal anti-abuse measures such as Copyright, Trademark, etc. ). While you knew that, the term 'CAT' can be used in a more 'generic' sense than just the original software protocol. Your mileage and rig may differ from the 450, yet troubleshooting the 'negative TTL' signalling seems to be an experience worth mentioning- especially as it can sometimes be 'fixed' with just a resistor.

7. HAMHOCK75

HAMHOCK75 QRZ Member

I received a SignaLink USB for my FT100D recently. I am using WSJT-X with it but no CAT cable yet ( have one on order ). I am setting the operating frequency manually on the FT100D. I had to make a 6 pin mini-DIN cable to RJ-45 to connect to the data port on the back of the FT100D. The factory cable that came with it was an 8 pin DIN to RJ-45 for an Icom rig. Works great. Worked 15 countries just testing it.