Digital Interference 40 meters

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K0UO, Jul 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A large number of us in the central part of the US are experiencing some type of digital signals simultaneously on 7130 and 7170. It's been going on for over a week particularly in the mornings. It appears to be the strongest on my Asian antennas, particularly in the mornings.
    20210714_071154.jpg

N3AWS likes this.
  2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

An audio recording is infinitely more useful that a screen shot of a waterfall display.

SA6CKE, K5SLO, PU2OZT and 3 others like this.
  3. K0UO

Some people are also hearing it on 7110 and 7140
    The central Texas guys just reported that this guy is just reported that and I'm also here and I'm also hearing it up here.

WD4ELG likes this.
  4. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have heard it and seen it on 7.110 in EN81, I was thinking it was local. But it sounds like RFI here on or sometimes near 7.110. Keep in mind 7.110 has lots of US digital ham signals on it and the RFI interferes with them here.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    K0UO likes this.
  5. K8XG

I am currently hearing and seeing RFI on 7.090, 7.131, and 7.169. Of the type that slowly move down the band over the day. They do not sound like a digital signal to me, although the one on 7.169 is much narrower then the other two.

WD4ELG likes this.
  6. KI5WW

KI5WW Ham Member QRZ Page

I’m hearing it here on 7110, 7130 and 7140. SW Okla.
    Oh and 7170.

K0UO likes this.
  7. K8XG

the very narrow signals, unlike the much wider "marcher" on 7.090, are less then 1K wide in audio bandwidth. I spotted the same on 7.110 if I turned the volume up. Sounds like frogs far away all crocking at the same time. had to tune 7.168.8 in USB-Data to get it centered. [my 40 meter radio is generally doing data in USB. ]

K0UO likes this.
  8. KI5WW

Audio recording.
    New Recording 6.m4a

Sorry. Don’t know how to upload it.

PU2OZT and K0UO like this.
  9. K0UO

I could not get it to load on QRZ Get on you will hear it

PU2OZT likes this.
  10. KI5WW

Doesn’t sound like any digital signal I’ve ever heard. Sounds like something local like rfi.
    Why so many are hearing it at the same time I have no idea.

W0PV likes this.