ad: BKQSL-1

Digipan seeing gibberish only......

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KC1KWX, Oct 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC1KWX

KC1KWX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am very new to this and have worked with it for a few hours. I don't get any meaningful text and can't see what I am doing wrong. The attached picture is what I am getting. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on the problem? I'm set to the correct BPSK31 mode and have a pretty strong S8 signal. The signal comes from the fixed audio out on a FTdx5000. 73 PSK screenshot.PNG ?

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

try 14.070 USB

BTW, the station on 14.072 is driving the snot out of the radio
    "harmonics" from at least 14.070.5 to 14.075

3. KC1KWX

Thank you for the reply. .070 was gone by the time I got your note. However, you did solve my problem. I added all of the attenuation that I have in the radio and things started happening. I'll attach a screenshot. At least I now know that my settings are working. I'll have to play with the radio a little more to make things work a little better. This is the first time I have attempted something other than phone. Well appreciated. 73 PSK screenshot2.PNG

4. G0JUR

G0JUR Ham Member QRZ Page

you need to adjust the squelch setting in digipan (not the radio) to get rid of the random letters

ND6M likes this.
  5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

you also may simply want to reduce your sound card input setting, on digital, often less is better.

Good luck

Oh, BTW, 30 meters is a great band (hint, hint)

6. KC1KWX

Yep, thank you. That helped quite a bit. 73

7. KC1KWX

I have found that with the sound card it's all or nothing. As soon as I come off of zero (1%) on the sound card setting it shows the same "gain" in Digipan as it does when set to 100%. Perhaps because I am feeding the radios high level audio out into the mic input of the sound card. I think I need to find a card with a line in. 73

8. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is your radio set to USB?

edit: Looking closely at the waterfall, it appears that nearly all of the signals are fuzzy and indistinct. This is probably a propagation problem, which seems more common in these low cycle days. With good prop. you should see distinctly the two tones as separate tracks and their phase reversal.

9. KC1KWX

Yep, USB. I have seen more distinct signals occasionally so I agree that it is propagation. As I get more familiar with this I will better know what to look for. 73

KA0HCP likes this.
  10. KC1KWX

Thank you. I will be sure to check 30 out! 73