Digipan (PSK31) + Signalink + IC-2730 not working

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KM4FTE, Jun 27, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM4FTE

KM4FTE Ham Member QRZ Page

When I connect my IC-2730 to the Signalink using the appropriate Tigertronics cable from the Signalink to the microphone jack, the transceiver instantly begins transmitting and won't stop. The only way to stop it is to unplug it. Is there a setting I'm missing or is this just not a practical setup? PSK31 is on 2M so there should be a way, in my opinion.

Thanks
    KM4FTE

2. AA4PB

AA4PB Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you sure you have the appropriate configuration plug for the IC-2730 inserted into the SignaLink-USB? If the red Tx led on the SignaLink-USB is on then the radio should be keyed. That indicates that some type of audio (PSK31 tones or noise) is being sent from the computer to the SignaLink. If the led on not on and it still keys the radio then there is an issue with the configuration plug or the cable.

3. KM4FTE

KM4FTE Ham Member QRZ Page

The PTT red light is not on. It wants to transmit at all times. I bought it from Tigertronics so, I'm going to call them back to discuss.

Thank you

4. AA4PB

AA4PB Ham Member QRZ Page

If the PTT red light is not on then it is either the configuration plug, or a defective cable, or (least likely) the PTT transistor in the SignaLink is shorted.