Diamond V2000

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by MM6LMP, Jun 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. MM6LMP

MM6LMP Ham Member QRZ Page

I was wondering if any of you that have used this antenna not the V2000(a) can tell me what frequency the 6 meter counterpoise is set for as standard?

2. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

What do you mean "as a standard" ? The frequency adjustment of the counterpoise is set for the frequencies you want to work, not some arbitrary "standard." For instance, if you have three six-meter repeaters in your area, and want to "hit" all three, set the counterpoise frequency to the center of a sub-band that contains all three repeater frequencies. If one repeater is "a far reach" in that sub-band, you might very well capture all three repeaters by adjusting the counterpoise frequency off-center towards the "far reach" repeater's frquency. Try it.

3. MM6LMP

MM6LMP Ham Member QRZ Page

I know how to adjust it to the frequencies I want, I was just interested in what it is set to out of the bag so to speak

4. WA9GXZ

WA9GXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just installed the V2000 and the 6 M tune was Mid-band at longest setting with radial rid as supplied. Replaced the radial rod with one about 5 inches longer and it went to center at 50.5. Fairly narrow result. Used a MFJ 259C to read result tuning on a 10 ft pole. Stayed the same on roof tripod. Little 6 m activity but guess most is at bottom of 6m band.

with longest radial as sent:

freq. R X VSWR
    50.5 24 19 2.8
    51.0 54 41 2.3
    52.6 40 3 1.2 best

With added length radial.
    freq. Fwd -W Rfd - W VSWR
    50.0 50 2 1.5
    50.5 50 0 1.0
    51.0 48 1 1.3

I like this tri-band as one vertical does it all.

WA9GXZ