For Sale Diamond SG7000A Dual-Band Mobile Antenna

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KC3HJP, Jun 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KC3HJP

KC3HJP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Diamond SG7000A Dual-Band Mobile Antenna

This antenna is brand new in original packaging. I thought I could use this with a mag mount base but found out that Diamond recommends only using this with a grounded type mount.

Note the fold over feature shown in one of the pictures. You simply lift up on the antenna and it can be folded over. This antenna is built very well, I'm disappointed that I can't use it in my application. I waited too long to return it so that's why I'm selling it here.

2 meters 144-148 MHz 2.1 dBi 1/4 wave
    70 centimeters 440-450 MHz 3.8 dBi 3/8 wave

Please note "Not recommended for use with a magnet mount. Grounding required."

$55 shipped conus via PayPal payment. (price new was $69.99 plus shipping)

PayPal only, no trades. Please contact me via email address listed on QRZ for PayPal details.

IMG_2765.jpg IMG_2766.jpg IMG_2767.jpg IMG_2768.jpg

2. KC3HJP

still available

W7GST likes this.
  3. W1MDM

W1MDM Ham Member QRZ Page

a bit interestested, did you check the SWR when mounted to magnet mount?. it may be acceptable..

4. KC3HJP

Yes, of course. I used a RigExpert AA-170. SWR was a little above 2:1 Too high for my liking. Half wave on the same mount is 1.08:1.

From Diamond's web page which I discovered after buying the antenna "Remarks: Not recommended for use with a magnet mount. Grounding required."

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.