ad: GNOHF-1

Dial cord number for Echophone EC-3

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KM4HNF, Jul 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KM4HNF

KM4HNF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,
    I have a pretty nice Echophone EC-3, but the dial cord is broken. I found a site with about a billion restringing diagrams, but I wasn't able to find the diagram number for the EC-3.

Also I don't have any dial cord, but there is a sporting goods store a back away where I could get braided, uncoated fishing line. Many guys say it works fine. Any opinions. Help appreciated.

Thanks much
    RJ
    KM4HNF

2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    KC8YLT likes this.
  3. KA0HCP

4. KM4HNF

Is pretty tough to see clearly how the cord goes. I've tried Sam's info, and general internet search without much success for the EC-3. Hoping somebody can send me the actual EC-3 tuning cord diagram. Thanks much
    RJ

5. KM4HNF

That link above to Nucor.com opens for me, but I can't seem to move my laptop cursor to the margin like it says in order to find the diagram number. I have a MacBook Pro laptop, and that may be the reason. I AM able to get to all of the actual dial cord displays. but just can't find the right diagram number.
    RJ

6. KA0HCP

It is on PDF page 212.

Try saving the PDF to your computer and open the saved pdf file, rather than trying to manipulate the document online.

This is basic computer mouse and software utilization methods. Can you find someone else in the household to help you?

7. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page