ad: TinyPaddle-1

Details, details...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 8, 2002.

?

Details, details... - How would you prefer the callsign page?

1. Basic info first, then picture, then details, then biography

100.0%
  2. Basic info, then details, then picture then biography

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Picture first, then basic info, then details then biography

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Basic info first, then details, then biography, then picture

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N2EA

N2EA Ham Member QRZ Page

The way it is now works fine. By 'details', do you
    mean the address info? Or something new?
    I'd suggest that the apparent polling division between details prior to, and details following picture may reflect some uncertainty of language.

2. K4RAP

K4RAP Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (n2ea @ Feb. 10 2002,04:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The way it is now works fine.  By 'details', do you
    mean the address info?   Or something new?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

As an example, I just looked up your call sign.  The basic lookup page included your address, picture, and biography.  On that page is a link to "Detailed info".  

Clicking on this link brings up a few more interesting tidbits about you, such as your license class (obvious in your case, but not everyone updates to an extra class call sign), your birthday (nobody's business, but interesting to know), your county (of interest to county hunters), and your geographical coordinates and grid square (not always 100% accurate).

It seems that the general concensus is to just have everything come up on one page when a call sign is checked.  This seems like a reasonable solution that will satisfy most users.

3. WS3B

WS3B Ham Member QRZ Page

One reply said "Nobody uses 1400-baud modems anymore."

Remember us /MM (maritime mobiles) who connect by cell phone (maybe 9600 baud) for browsing, and by HF (winlink) for email, at perhaps 300 baud! Quick-loading pages sure are nice.

For what it's worth, I even used service (saildocs.com) that retrieves web pages by email request, and returns them by email, to poll the qrz database periodically, so I could see when my current call was issued. At 300 baud, short is sweet!

Bill, ad0ry/mm
    (formerly ka3nrm, and can't seem to get the obsolete call out of the QRZ system)

4. G4JFS

G4JFS Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the things I use QRZ for is finding out the county a US station is in (OK, the station may not be operating from the county listed but does help me!). Hence, I'd second the idea to combine basic and details on one screet to cut down on keystrokes.

5. KA2LIM

KA2LIM Ham Member QRZ Page

Basic and Detailed combined

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Fred,
    You have a fantastic site! I do agree with the majority of our fellow amateurs that the basic and detailed information should be combined. Keep up the GREAT JOB!

Bob
    KB0ZWK [​IMG]

7. VA6CJC

VA6CJC Ham Member QRZ Page

Howdy! Really don't make no never mind to me! It all works out in the end sure enough well!! 73! VA6CJC
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.