Desperate for ACOM 1000 Keying Interface Cable

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by WA2CXA, Sep 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WA2CXA

WA2CXA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I recently purchased an ACOM 1000 Linear Amplifier. I received the amplifier, unfortunately DX Engineering has backordered the essential keying cable for a FTDX1200 into November, with no assurance they will even ship it then! Can anyone help me with an alternative source for this cable or has one they are willing to sell? I had a heart attack last Saturday and would really love to at least use this amplifier once before I have a valve replacement in October.

Any help is truly appreciated. Thanks!

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

3. WA2CXA

4. WA2CXA

5. WB2WIK

The 10-pin is a better choice; you don't need the TUNER connection for the Acom, you need an AMP KEYING (ground on transmit) connection.

The Yaesu manual specifically calls for using the 10-pin connection for this, if you look at their "connecting an amplifier" diagrams.

6. WA2CXA

I believe I am already using that port for CAT. Will check. TUNER also has a ground on transmit connection.

Thanks for the response!

7. NB3R

NB3R Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

8. WA2CXA

9. WA2CXA

I checked. The port is open! Ordering the part now!

Thank you so much for all of your help. Hope we can meet on the air some day.

73, Bill

10. WB2WIK

No sweat, use it in good health.

I see you're not far from Norwich, a place I used to visit once a month for several years because Simmonds Precision was there, and they were a huge client of mine; so I kind of know your area!