Describe your dream rig

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N3AWS, Nov 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps when she was younger.
    Swift fell off my top-10 list as soon as she started to not care about body image.
    serveimage.jpg

K8AI likes this.
  2. K8AI

K8AI Ham Member QRZ Page

She's a homely, no-talent girl who needs 5 pounds of barn paint to pull off looking mediocre. For some reason, the record industry is artificially propping her up.

There are MANY better examples. Ones with NATURAL beauty. Here's one without even thinking:

serveimage.jpg

K0UO likes this.
  3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

In your dreams ;)

K0UO likes this.
  4. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you setup a remote operation from your home QTH? FLEX amkes this easy. Icom makes this easy. I am pretty sure other manufacturers do, too.

SV2HZF likes this.
  5. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

A, B, or C?

6. F8BDX

F8BDX Ham Member QRZ Page

ELECRAFT K4 + Amplifier 1000W
    Quad Antenne for the 10/15/20/30m.
    Vertical Antenna 1/4 for the 7 MHz
    Vertical Antenna 1/4 for the 3.5 MHz
    Antenna for the 160m

WW2PT likes this.
  7. G0JUR

G0JUR Ham Member QRZ Page

One that works... but Honda dont make radios. o_O

K5ABB likes this.
  8. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My dream Rigg has always been the 1966 DIANA

[​IMG]

K8AI and NL7W like this.
  9. KH8AC

KH8AC Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing like an old HOMEBREW rig. They could be as ugly as you wanted them to be. You could spend forever looking at the tubes glowing and changing with transmission.

Every 32 seconds somebody had a new design out and all everything was was soldered wires going around like roads on a road map. Tube Testers and another set of tubes to make it last forever. Playing with winding coils could get you new FCC violations all the time. All the neighbors houses could duplicate your tubes as you transmit. (lights and sounds)

Nothing like the good ole days.

10. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

I been lucky enough in life to own many if not most of the best rigs, amps and Amateur equipment. I have a couple now that are tops, TS 990s and FTDX 101d among others. Nothing even comes close to the intrigue I had as a young boy when my dad happen to bring home a shortwave Panasonic radio. The hours I spent of wonder and dreaming makes all the rest dim in comparison. It was a different type of fascination, one that grew from having no knowledge at all of the subject but wanting learn and to do it all. That was, is and will likely always be my favorite rig. 73 Rich

WW2PT, W4RAV and NL7W like this.