ad: Alphaant-1

Deny internet access to Kindle?

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by N3DT, Apr 2, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Your library may have an expert, worth checking

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

2. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not want the kindle on the internet, I am not using it as a kindle. I plan on using it in the house as a bluetooth speaker connection from a wifi router. All I want it to do is play music through it from my wifi to a bluetooth speaker and not have it connected to the internet at all. I might be able to do that with the wifi router using parental controls.

But then I just got a bluetooth transmitter that supposedly has an 80m range. If that works, I don't need the kindle. but I'd still like to know how to keep the kindle off the internet with my local wifi network. I may have some other use for it. I could use it in my cars with the Torque app and let it go at that.

Someone gave it to us 3 years ago when my wife was in the hospital in FL after an accident. It was nice to use in the hospital for news and some access to the web, but we never even registered it with Amazon. We didn't have any 'smart' phones at the time. It's been sitting by the TV for years unused and the battery still had 80% in it.