Dentron MLA 2500B static plate current?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by K7GLD, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K7GLD

K7GLD Ham Member QRZ Page

JEEZE - after the rhubarb and MANY "replies" :rolleyes: and unrelated pontifical lectures that didn't even come CLOSE to answering my question in another thread, I'm cringing to ask THIS question:

This is directed at OWNER/USERS of the MLA 2500B amp, or those VERY familiar with their operation and typical meter readings.

Question, and a simple one with an equally simple answer - What is the approximate static plate current (resting plate current) you see displayed in the SSB function with the amp keyed but no drive applied?

I'm seeing about 30 ma on mine, wired for 220, and about 2500 volts of plate voltage and good tubes.

Thanks.

2. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't own an MLA-2500 series amplifier. However, my main amplifier is a Tempo 2001 which uses the 8874 tubes (pair) which are basically the same as the 8875 tubes used in the MLA-2500. When the amplifier is keyed but with no drive, I get pretty close to the same 30 mA resting current.

Glen, K9STH

3. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Alright campers, let's keep this thread on topic. But if the exchange goes like the last one the OP put forth--it will be closed altogether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.