Dentron GLA 1000B power supply board

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by W1UWC, Jan 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1UWC

W1UWC Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got this amp when I opened it up notice power supply board is butchered all of the electrolytic caps have wrong values, some resistors have wrong values. Looking for a pic of a stock power supply board to compare it too. Here are a few pics of mine. Have ordered new board fro FarCercuits. Everything else seems ok do have high voltage. (1150 v) have manual, thats why I know parts are not stock. Terrible soildering also.
    Dan W1UWC

Attached Files:

2. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

just because the caps in the amp are not the same value as those listed on the schematic does not make it wrong, however, if you only have 3 caps you would only want your caps to be 100-120uf each. The ideal amount of capacitance is around 33uf total. Much more than that is just a waste and makes for a lot of available destructive energy in a fault. As far as the bleeders, the ones I see you have are 120K. A little bit high though. I would drop down to about 100uf caps and 100K bleeders. You can even go to 75K bleeders for quicker bleed down.

3. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

4. W1UWC

W1UWC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for the info I'm replacing the ps board from FarCircuits was going to use what the manual calls out for. Thanks