Dentron Clipperton L

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KN4VCT, Aug 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

I also have an "L" and it's been a great little amp. It had the fabled AC hum issue which I fixed, but otherwise its been a stellar performer. I installed a carrier operated relay, so there aren't any interface issues with old boat anchors.

2. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry but 'the great little amp" was the GLA-1000

3. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

As always, I posted the notice and within 15 minutes it SOLD.

eBay Flippers typically re-list at $100 or more.

4. KH8AC

KH8AC Ham Member QRZ Page

I sit on one of these. I used to use it and came the WARC bands and with a modification there was full output on 160 and the WARC bands. I shipped it out for a modification.

I got in back and 4 brand new American 572'b's were switched with dead tubes. (this person is still around-pre-internet days)

So being DEAD I knew not if any modification worked. I was not in the mood for buying 4 more tubes to test it !!! and fry them.

Considering the cost of amps now any rehab of things makes sense. (I was inactive for a long time)

Was there not an issue with horizontal mounted tubes ?

5. KE0ZU

Lou said;
    You're an AMP guy, so when I say, when it comes to physical size and or power out, compared to some of my other amplifiers IT IS a great little amplifier, you of all people should understand what I'm saying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  6. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

GLA in GLA-1000 means "Great Little Amp. ;);)

7. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought it meant Got Little Anodes.

AI3V likes this.
  8. KE0ZU

Or, "Got Less Amplitude":D:D

9. NN3Y

NN3Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I purchased one recently an had to do most of what was on the link above. The relay does not appear to be original. That explains the the jumper wire. As KD2ACO mentioned, if wired for 240 and plugged in to 115V outlet, the relay voltage would 1/2 and will not pool in even if in OPERATE mode.

10. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

How dare you bugger up a NCL-2000 front panel:p:D

I still have 6 of them.

One factory prototype with 160 and WARC added and driven by a CE-100V, with a 75A4; another all stock with a HT-32B and SX-115; another used as an AM linear with several little low power rigs; another prototype I converted to 6 in 1964 and still use; another is one of the factory tube matching jigs with no RF section; and the last is an original with a bad plate transformer (I have a replacement)

Carl