I wouldn't necessarily take it like that. I mean, he's a ham and a school-teacher at least; maybe he is just busy doing other stuff and doesn't have the time. That's literally me, and I'm a computer nerd by day (ie, no kids during the day.) I paid a sparky to redo this house wiring and run fresh 110/240 circuits upstairs to where the radios/computers live. Could I have done it? Yeah, I've been doing mains related things back in Australia (where it's even more regulated) with a sparky watching and checking, as required by law. Do I want to? Well, no. I'd rather have a sparky and their team out to do it properly and leverage their decades of experience knowing this turf. I don't know crap about knob/tube wiring and the gotchas in American homes cause I'm from a young country with newer house wiring. Was it expensive? Well, sure. But I needed two new panels, all of the non-light knob/tube wiring ripped out and replaced with shielded romex, an updated drop from PG&E, I needed the drop itself brought up to code (which required holes cut in the roof and new piping), know where the GFCI outlets needed to go, etc, etc. But now I'm pretty sure nothing's going to catch on fire. I got a confused laugh when I asked them to put some ferrites on the lighting wiring because keying down on 40m/30m was causing my light circuit breaker to trip .. and now it doesn't. This thread has been fun. I'm super amused by the "bolt in the light circuit, 105A drawn" comment. I've seen someone's house almost burn to the ground cause some non-electrical contractor managed to put a nail through a wire in the roof of someone's house, and it just smoldered for months and months until their smoke alarm started tripping. Luckily they were on holiday and didn't turn it off thinking it was broken - a fire truck came out and quickly figured out it was legit.