Demonstration: Using FLDigi to Communicate with Olivia Digital Mode on Shortwave

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NW7US, Jan 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup, that time zone stuff is pretty complicated, good thing they didn't have that on ur Extra Exam, eh Larry?

2. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oli 4/250 is also quite good being only about 2db s/n less robust than 8/250 and twice as fast. Best to keep your RSID activated.

3. N7ZDR

N7ZDR Ham Member QRZ Page

That's always a option for sure. If this NET turns out to be something we would like to purse (depends on participation) we can mix things up as we go. The goal would be to reach stations on both the east and west coasts. I am located in Utah--- I can hear about 3/4 of the western US good, it's that last 1/4 in the east I struggle to hear.
    Cheers

4. WB4M

WB4M Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Olivia is fun mode but I've never liked FLDigi that much. Every time I use it something has changed for some reason, mainly the CAT and rig control. I deleted it from my computer and went to MulitPSK which was a complete snap to set up and rock stable and it "runs rings" around FLDigi.

5. N5TTI

N5TTI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I enjoy Olivia. Worked NZ on 20 meters running 40 W on an old FT-101E. At times I couldn't make out the other station in the waterfall, but my software (Multipsk) was decoding it just fine.

6. N7ZDR

N7ZDR Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is a updated Net Flyer showing the correct day---- "Tonight" Capture 2 ready.JPG

7. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would say that is a bug in windows 10... Fldigi is a cross platform program that runs on other OS besides windows as well... If windows 10 tablet mode is not detecting it needs keyboard input but a real keyboard does... I'd say that is Windows Tablet mode bug

8. W8XDX

W8XDX Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been wanting to get on a ragchew net with Olivia and some version of Hell. I hope to find a good frequency and time.

9. N6SPP

N6SPP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the thread.
    Here is a customized screenshot example of the program.. color, macros, multi-decoder, and docked tuning scope. My main two TX macros: "U de Me Qso" is my qso mode. This button sends both calls and remains in tx mode during a transmission sequence. "U de Me K" sends both calls and KN, and returns to receive mode. Also see the "VOA Radiogram" site for image and mode testing schedules.. 73,Eric olivia 8-500,wb5alm, 14.065,23dec,n6spp.jpg

10. KC3ECJ

KC3ECJ Ham Member QRZ Page

These modes arent only for HF ya know.