ad: GreatLakes-1

Dell Latitude D620. (Windows 7 Professional.)

Discussion in 'General Merchandise' started by AD8I, Jul 25, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. AD8I

AD8I Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Glenn,

I did not say that you are a flake.
    I must apologize for assuming that you did not send your money order.
    There have been a number of times that someone told me that their
    money order was in the mail, but I never received one.
    If your money order does arrive, I will let you know and I can mail it
    back to you without any issues or I can ship the Dell laptop to you.
    It is your choice, if it does arrive. I will let you know if it does arrive via
    your email address that you have available on your QRZ page and you
    can let me know what you want me to do.

Again, I apologize for assuming that you did not mail it.
    Regards. Dan

KA9JLM likes this.
  2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

My first choice would be to have the Laptop. The Receipt says " SEE BACK OF THIS RECEIPT FOR IMPORTANT CLAIM INFORMATION". I have no desire to read that very fine print. I also have no desire to buy another Money Order. At some point I could mail a personal check. And the Post Office might accidentally deliver it.

Regarding the flake comment, I too have dealt with people who go back on their word with no remorse and no excuse. I was just making the point that I am not one of those people.

Is there any way to track down a lost First Class Letter? (no tracking). How long does it take for the Post Office to declare it lost? (or it could just show up tomorrow).

I will visit my Post Office tomorrow and ask a few questions, but their usual answer to service questions is a shoulder shrug. They screw up so often, they are immune to it by now.

3. AD8I

AD8I Ham Member QRZ Page

Glenn,

We shall see if your money order arrives this week, there is nothing like snail mail!
    As I said earlier, I will let you know via your email address on your QRZ page.
    Enjoy your day. Regards. Dan

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

First class normally includes a tracking number. It is on the receipt when you mail it.

5. AB3TQ

Perhaps I am confused about Post Office verbiage. I thought a regular white mailing envelope was First Class Mail. Am I mistaken? Should I have said First Class Letter? I filled out the Money Order and sealed it in a regular mailing envelope. I just barely made it to the Post Office in time to buy the Money Order. When I dropped it off about 3 hours later, the window was closed. But the drop slot inside the Post Office is available 24/7. So the only number I have is the number on the Money Order receipt.

I will find out tomorrow how unhelpful the Post Office can be to unravel the mystery here. They usually do a very poor job of hiding how little they actually care.

6. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Subscriber QRZ Page

you can always call the M.O. issuing company and give them the number on it, and they can do a trace to see if it was cashed....

7. KA9JLM

8. AB3TQ

I don't think this is a "normal" discussion issue that QRZ is trying to avoid. Nothing has been deleted here yet. So here is my cautionary tale about buying items with a Money Order. If you did not buy a Tracking Number for your letter (something less than $3.00) - you are pretty much left hanging in the wind if it goes missing.

The first thing you will be told when you say the it did not arrive at its destination is "they are probably lying to you". Once you get past that you are told you can do some kind of trace on it to see if it has been cashed. Not for free of course. That costs $6.00. But it is too early for that. And "unfortunately some letters do get jammed into sorting machines and destroyed".

So quite possibly it will never arrive at the destination now. I have to wait 6 months to see if it gets cashed (no idea what happens if it got stolen and cashed). And do remember that $6.00 extortion. And then the refund is in the form of a Money Order ????? No interest, no reimbursement for the cost of the Money Order or the Stamp. NEVER again will I buy anything with a Post Office Money Order. I don't need anything that bad.

Glenn AB3TQ

9. KA9JLM

Good Luck.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017 at 9:33 PM
  10. AD8I

AD8I Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Glenn,

Sorry to read that the post office was not much help
    for you and your money order may never arrive in
    my mail box.

Try to enjoy your day. Regards Dan