ad: M2Ant-1

deleted WTB post, over $250?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KG5HFL, Sep 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

I would NEVER use FB for simple messaging. Why not use WhatsApp which offers end-to-end encryption.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just talked again with my speed skating coach Peter Schotting from 1980 on Facebook. He is in the Netherlands. I would have never found Peter and all the other National team skaters that I trained with without Facebook.

Peter Schotting.jpg

WA7PRC and WB0MPB like this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here. Its our only local news outlet!

K8MHZ and N6QIC like this.
  4. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Does the program work on Vista? If not, that would be one reason.

5. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

For smartphones.

6. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

That is the good side of Facebook. Back when I was still using it I was able to find people I had went to high school and college with. That was fun to get in touch with them. I found my best friend from college. We had so much fun in college. He was also a ham and we spent a lot of time in the winter going to the public skating rink. You talked about skating so it reminded me. I was never a great skater like I am sure you are. But I love watching good skaters do the stuff they do. It is amazing seeing the things they do. OK so back to the subject. So yes Facebook can be a fun thing to do until you get stalked and then verbally accosted on it. After my wife decided to move on to her new life that is when I became a big target on Facebook. I had false things said about me in public posts by some and was sent some very nasty PMs filled with hate and was cussed at using every bad words that have ever been said. And this was by women.
    So after a little while of putting up with that I finally couldn't take it anymore and logged out and stopped using it. I guess they won!!

So yes there are good things but there is also evil people on it that hide behind the screen.

John, WB0MPB

N6QIC likes this.
  7. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

not sure how this ended up a conversation about face book, but for fun reading, read the ipo information that face book published. look at what they admit they will be doing and what they will be selling

if you are not paying for the product, you are the product

8. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

You kind of answered your own question. Many people, myself included, connect to FB using desktop or laptop computers. Plus, FB users don't really need encryption for the most part.

N6QIC likes this.
  9. N6QIC

It stared with post number 13 & 14. :)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  10. N6QIC

Deleted_Post.jpg

WB0MPB and W7UUU like this.