ad: chuckmartin

Delete whole Logbooks

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by DL9KSM, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KB8LFA

KB8LFA Ham Member QRZ Page

What about QSOs that have been confirmed automatically but have invalid or missing data? For example, I uploaded quite a few with 0.0MHz, and it appears in the log as " mhz" also another record I see all the time is "0 watts"... I would like to know my QRP contacts vs. when a record simply didn't have a power adif entry. Another I see is 0.00000 Lat/0.00000 Lon. Some I see an ITU zone defined and others not, same with CQ zone.

These are all on confirmed entries. I'd like to apply the correct ITU/CQ Zone as those might be valid for future awards. If the record is locked, that's it, done deal.

I wonder if it would be better to lock essential data, i.e. that of what constitutes a valid QSO match... date, time (+/-30min), band and mode. Then allow updates to the rest?

About awards. It's interesting that an award may be valid and then invalid. Let's give this scenario. Say I am a roving station and I submit my log in error. I had stated CQ Zone 4 but I was actually in 3. When doing routine audits I find the error but the QSO was already granted credit for CQ Zone 4. Which is worse, giving credit for an incorrect CQ Zone or allowing the logging station to update it to a correct CQ Zone 3?

I'm not sure, just tossing things out I am thinking of when browsing my own log book and confirmations.

2. KB8LFA

KB8LFA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thinking about this more... I wonder if the QSO XYZ shouldn't be marked as "Used in award" when a person is granted an award where QSO XYZ is used. At that point it becomes locked. If station ABC submitted wrong data they can change anything or even remove it up until the point in time the QSL is USED. If the QSO is NOT USED then any editing or removal can be done?

3. KE3C

KE3C Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't allow duplicates

I think you would be much better off handling this when the logs are uploaded. Just don't accept entries with a duplicate time and call, then allow deleting of the entire log book except confirmed contacts. The user then deletes all the entries accept those that are confirmed and then uploads the log again. The upload process eliminates entries with a duplicate time and call, so it will not reenter the confirmed contacts.

The only issue I see with this approach is when the user who is uploading has confirmed the contact from another users log and the time does not match. To get around that I would think those records that have a duplicate call and date (not time) would be marked in some way.

This leads to my question. If I have the call logged in my log and the user I had the QSO with has already sent me the log to confirm, how do tell the program that these two log entries are duplicates?

4. DL9KSM

DL9KSM Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with this totaly ... This would be the best :cool: If the Time, Call, Band is a dupe than just overwrie the existing entry ... exept confirmed QSO ...
    Plus a method to mark and delete unconfirmed QSO's .... :p

73 Karl

5. K2AFY

K2AFY Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

In the interim I have sent e-mails to those that are dupes since I uploaded my logs a have a few that are confirmed both ways. In most cases It has been the time was off a minute or so or the frequency off one decimal position, depending on how far out a log records the frequency. Agree the best would be to have the upload handle.

I have used e-mail and not rejecting since rejected qsos can not be deleted yet.

6. K1NWB

K1NWB Ham Member QRZ Page

deleting dupes

if we had the ability to do a 'multi-edit' so we could hi-lite the dupes we wanted to get rid of, that would be acceptable to me...thots?

7. ON2AD

ON2AD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

New Callsign

Hello,

Today my callsign is changed from ON3AD to ON2AD.
    After my mail to the staf of QRZ.com the have change my login of ON3AD to ON2AD but in the logbook there are abt 93 QSO confirmed from my old Call.
    How I can delete those because this isn't not QSO's from ON2AD but from ON3AD.

73 de Pat ON2AD

8. KB8VAO

KB8VAO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Please tell me where I can find "DELETE ALL UNCONFIRMED" button.
    Thank You
    Steve

9. ON2AD

ON2AD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi, Steve
    I have delete one by one, but I can't delete the Confirmed QSO's
    The Confirmed QSO's are from my old Call ON3AD and now I have ON2AD .

73 de Pat ON2AD

10. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Prior to adding the Logbook feature, QRZ only maintained a user’s “primary” callsign (X1XXX) in its database and not the others used by you that are referred to as “aliases”, for example a slashed prefix/suffix variant (VE2/X1XXX, X1XXX/MM, etc.) or a different past or current unique callsign (Y2YYY).

Aliases can now be added to your current primary callsign page by signing in and calling the page up; then click on the Detail tab and then the EDIT RECORD button. Select the Callsign Data option and scroll down to the “Add Aliases” section. Add the alias(es) and click on the Save Changes button. Then when anyone searches by one of your alias calls, your primary page is displayed along with an “aka callsign” label (also known as) along side of your callsign.

At the moment it is not possible to retrieve or organize your log entries by primary and alias callsigns but this should be corrected in the future.

With regard to deletion of log entries, at the moment it is also not possible to delete confirmed entries on the basis that they might already have been applied to the other party’s award record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.